cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else's headset jack not working properly?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone else's headset jack not working properly?

It seems that my headset jack is loose. My headphones come out alot.

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Anyone else's headset jack not working properly?

Mine wouldn't let it go out of headset mode. Had to exchange it for a new one already.

Journeyman

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have this same problem too. When I take my headphones out and try to place a call, The phone still thinks it's in headphone mode. I hate this. I have to stick a bobby pin in the headphone jack until it says headphones disconnected. This could be potentially dangerous if there is a serious emergency and the person i'm trying to talk to (police) can't hear me. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens a lot. I don't want to take the phone in for a replacement because my songs are locked in this memory card that will only work in this phone.

Journeyman

Re: Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

You really shouldn't stick anything in the headset jack like that, but fyi you can still use the phone with headphones plugged in. The phones mic will still work. And if you get a replacement you could always trade sd cards out at the sprint store

Wizard

@vb29sh wrote:
It seems that my headset jack is loose. My headphones come out alot.

I've noticed that the jack is a bit looser than when I first got my instinct. The plug doesn't come out all the way, but a slight bump can often cause it to come out a little and disrupt the music. Not the end of the world, just a bit annoying.

Journeyman

I have tried RadioShack's earplugs. Also Giro Ski helmet phone setup. Neither one allows the "clicker" on mike to answer/end calls. When I called Sprint, I was told "no support for 3rd party items". Yet every other Sprint phone I have had worked with the Giro. Could some upgrade be had to allow this feature? Otherwise I would be forced to pay $80 for bluetooth to Giro setup.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat