cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone find a good Web Browser?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone find a good Web Browser?

The mobile internet browser on the instinct seems a bit week. I was hoping to hear there would be some updates that would bring us closer to Opera mini, or Skyfire. Skyfire, looks amazing, is there a chance it will be ported to the instinct? The functionality is greatly desired. The current browser doesn't seem to handle flash or java very well, YouTube Support would be good. Generic imbeded Video Support would be great. Has anyone found a good free browser?

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Adding a secure browser would be wonderful, I would love...

Adding a secure browser would be wonderful, I would love to be able to do online banking on my mobil phone again. This is the biggest downfall of this phone, and if not corrected I feel that it will also be a set back it cant come back from.

Journeyman

It does Youtube well. when you load a video it automatica...

It does Youtube well. when you load a video it automatically goes full sceen. However, it won't support divx or other vid format sites. yes, security certs would be great, but probably difficult to pull off having a full blown cache in browser on a phone this small. yes, I absolutely wish someone had a browser that is compatible. They pumped the internet speed up way too much to be so weak. Did they not do side by side focus groups before they made all of those adverts?

Journeyman

Ah, I must have been doing something wrong wtih the Youtu...

Ah, I must have been doing something wrong wtih the Youtube, Kudos to the current browser for it YouTube handling. Still, the browser is agrivating. Perhaps someone knows why my instinct says it can't load/log into hotmail. It reports an error saying I need javascripts to be enable to run the sight, but the browser options indicate I do have java enabled. Java vs JavaScripts, Same thing?

Journeyman

Now, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I find it ironi...

Now, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I find it ironic that this very website can't be used effectively on my Instincts Browser. Maybe its me, I've been wrong before.

Journeyman

i tried using Opera but the on screen keyboard will not p...

i tried using Opera but the on screen keyboard will not pop up when you hit the URL space or forms.

Re: I tried to do some online banking but needed to be cookie...

@2BrokenThumbs wrote:
I tried to do some online banking but needed to be cookie enabled. How do you enable cookies for the cookie enabled websites?

Switch To Standard Mode

That is on web toolbar on the right

Journeyman

Re: Did both standard and mobile and still no joy. I've seen...

Hpefully Opera Mini will be ported soon. Its the best one out there.

Journeyman

Re: Did both standard and mobile and still no joy. I've seen...

If you would like to see Opera Mini 4.1 browseron Sprint Instinct, please post a "polite" request here:

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=235427

Journeyman

Re: Anyone find a good Web Browser?

As far as I know Skyfire will work on Windows Mobile only first. If I am wrong, sorry.

Journeyman

Re: Anyone find a good Web Browser?

Didn't pay attention to the thread just thought this was a good a place as any to bring up Android. Think this device is compatible with it?

Journeyman

i found one unfortunately its on the iphone...lol

i found one unfortunately its on the iphone...lol

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat