cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone getting prompted to update email from v 6.9.1.238 Build May 08 2008 to v 6.9.1.283 ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone getting prompted to update email from v 6.9.1.238 Build May 08 2008 to v 6.9.1.283 ?

I got prompted, starts process then at 0 percent on meter I get an error, no error number, just says An error occured during update, please try again later. Anyone have any ideas what's up?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Patron

Just checked, not getting anything like that. I know they...

Just checked, not getting anything like that. I know they have an email update coming out this month for contact sync with Outlook...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Anyone getting prompted to update email from v 6.9.1.238 Build May 08 2008 to v 6.9.1.283 ?

My phone already shows version 6.9.1.283, and I've had that version for as long as I can remember. No clue about the error, sorry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got a new phone on Friday - the old one was hangin...

I just got a new phone on Friday - the old one was hanging when multi-tasking. I wonder if the update to BH29, then to MR-4 had anything to do with it and maybe I should have updated the email in-between the two separate updates.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was kind of hoping, OK I got butterflies even, thinking...

I was kind of hoping, OK I got butterflies even, thinking this might be the update to sync with Outlook coming out early. Hate to hear it is just a missing piece of my Instinct puzzle... really, wouldn't you have gotten butterflies? :smiley

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Anyone getting prompted to update email from v 6.9.1.238 Build May 08 2008 to v 6.9.1.283 ?

After i did the M4 update, i went to News Apps and tried the video, with no luck. I did a reset on the phone and everything did an update for the exception of the email..It says that there is an update for 6.9.1.283 tried doing the update and get the same error. So i'm stuck for now with the 6.9.1.238..Hopefully the next futureemail update will go thru..But everything seem to be ok with older update. Cant remember what difference between the two where now anyway..

Message Edited by rckymtn on 11-23-2008 01:43 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

fwbkotowske, I had the same issue when I received my bran...

fwbkotowske, I had the same issue when I received my brand new replacement (which I love, no problems so far). Since my replacement did not have the current upgrades I did it in this order. Update to BH29-took about 5mins Updated to BK14-took about 2 mins Updated Visual Voicemail Updated Pocket Express Updated Music Updated SprintTV Updated E-mail.....where I was presented with the same error you got. I posted this under "Invalid Characters?" but later checked my phone information and found it was current. I assume it auto upgraded with the BK14...but Idk. I love my phone :oD

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: fwbkotowske, I had the same issue when I received my bran...

Sypder81, strange that when updated to BK14 it still shows that i cant update to 2.9.1.283 and that i'm still showing 2.9.1.238 wondering if i should take my phone back for a replacement or wait intill next email update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got Updated.

Thought i would jump in again and say that i tried the update for the emailand it works i have 6.9.1.283, maybe something was down on the other end..So now i'm fully updated intill Dec.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah perhaps, I'm now downloading the "current"...

Yeah perhaps, I'm now downloading the "current" update for my device now. As for other problems...NONE! My replacement "new phone" has not experienced one bad thing of the total three, My original, my replacement, and my replacements replacement. I am melting...

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone updated last night 11/24 to the .83 version. I w...

My phone updated last night 11/24 to the .83 version. I went in and tried AGAIN, and it ran just fine. Very strange.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat