cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having voicemail issues?

Journeyman

Anyone having voicemail issues?

For nearly a week my Instinct fails to tell me when I have a voicemail. This is unacceptable. I will say I have had people from Sprint at least make some effort, though I should be getting money back for services not rendered...am I not paying for voicemail in my plan? They said they would fix it in 36 hours, but they have now dropped the ball. I have had both good and bad experiences thus far with a couple other issue...the worst part is waiting on hold and taking time from my day. I know ATT sucks, but Verizon is looking pretty good about now. Is anyone else having voicemail issues? I hope the Instinct gets some updates quick. Otherwise give the phone an A-, it works well as a phone which it should do...I don't want a mini computer...just a phone that is intuitive!

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Anyone having voicemail issues?

I have not had problems getting voicemail, but the visual voicemail seems to work about 1/3 of the time. I have been a sprint customer for almost 10 years and I think email delays have been a fairly consistant network issue.

Journeyman

I work for sprint advance tech support just goto your voi...

I work for sprint advance tech support just goto your voicemail icon and click the + sign to send a voicemail, send a voicemail to activate@vvm.sprint.com.... that is v v m ... you dont really have to record a message you can just stop it right away. Once you send it give it like 2 mins and if you have any messages in the mail box they will all come through. If you dont then the next time you click the voicemail icon it will say that your voicemail has been provisioned.

Journeyman

Re: I work for sprint advance tech support just goto your voi...

says invalid email address when trying to do that.

Journeyman

Can't speak for everyone but my visual voice mail works just fine.

Journeyman

My voicemail has also been acting up! My visual voice mai...

My voicemail has also been acting up! My visual voice mail doesn't work at all. I just tried the "activate" thing, it said my voicemail was provisioned, but when I left a voicemail it did NOT notify me. It now says "You have new voicemail that cannot be downloaded". What is up???????

Journeyman

I was having the same issues with my VVmail, I had to do a hard reset and set it up again and so far that has taken care of the problem. Before i did this mine was saying unable to download voicemail, so I had to call in and check it.Try the hard reset and see if it works for you. Make sure you do a backup to save your contacts and other stuff you want.

Journeyman

OK. Let me start off by saying that I like the Instinct....

OK. Let me start off by saying that I like the Instinct. Sure it has issues, but there is potential. I've been having problems with VVM as well over the past 2-3 weeks. I reset my phone (didn't help) and just tried the activate@vvm.sprint from above. Now I get an error "VOICEMAIL FAILED TO PROVISION. PLEASE CONTACT SPRINT CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS." Any ideas? PRL: 60613 SW: ES.M800 BF30 HW: M800.08 MCL: 5.5.28 OBIGO: Q05A1-3.12 Email: 6.9.1.283 Voicemail: VN.4.1.0.19

Journeyman

I think SPRINT has best service (very few dropped calls c...

I think SPRINT has best service (very few dropped calls compared to competition); but their customer service/technical support service is just AWEFUL! Just got my instinct about a month ago. I've been having problems with VVM. The issue i'm having is that I can not receive voice mail messages. I originally thought it was only limited to just a few. I've cleared all my messages, and it still says that my VM is full, and is unable to receive any messages, even though there are none. spoke to cust service, useless! tech support, useless!, advanced tech support, useless. please if any one has experienced this and let me know how it was solved. thanks

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem "new voicemail that cann...

I'm having the same problem "new voicemail that cannot be downloaded". It started today Oct 13. First, friends called me as asked if I had just tried to call them. I said no. They said it showed my phone number and when they answered all the heard was static. Then, I got the weird voicemail message. I clicked on the "download"; 11 new messages. I play the messages, they were deleted months age, dating back to the time I purchased the phone. What is going on?

Journeyman

I sent the voicemail to activate@vvm.sprint.com and it wo...

I sent the voicemail to activate@vvm.sprint.com and it worked like a charm. I got the phone in september and it didn't start working until today when i just tried it. Sure enough about two minutes later the voicemails came flooding in. When I called upon first discovering the problem the service rep. said they were aware of the problem and it was a coast to coast thing. She said there were people working on it and wasn't sure when it would be working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The fix from sprintspeed01 worked 100% for me. I actually...

The fix from sprintspeed01 worked 100% for me. I actually did a soft reset (powered down, pulled battery for about 20 seconds) then sent email to activate@vmm.sprint.com Few seconds later all my emails pulled and message "unable to download new messages" went away. Thanks guys, this was annoying me.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat