Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Upgrades post MR-3

Highlighted

App Upgrades post MR-3

Media Manager Update:

Media Manager version 86 addresses an issue experienced with the inability to activate the application upon first time use. To take advantage of the optimizations in Media Manager, you must have the latest version of software installed on your Instinct. See the following instructions to verify your software and install the latest. 

Check to ensure you have the latest firmware installed on your phone. On your phone, go to home -> settings -> general -> update software. If you do not have the latest version, you will then be prompted with instructions to upgrade the firmware.

With the Sprint Media Manager, you can manage and transfer media for music, photos, and videos, including:

• Import, manage, transfer and playback media from a single application

• Transfer media between PC and Instinct or to CD

• Purchase new media content via Sprint Digital Lounge

• Automatically download a PC version of tracks purchased on the phone

• Add, remove, edit and transfer media playlists

• Edit photos

Sprint TV Update:

Sprint TV version 3.0.49 for the Instinct offers many additional benefits to users. To take advantage of the optimizations in Sprint TV, you must have the latest version of software installed on your Instinct. See the following instructions to verify your software and install the latest.

Check to ensure you have the latest firmware installed on your phone. On your phone, go to home -> settings -> general -> update software. If you do not have the latest version, you will then be prompted with instructions to upgrade the firmware.

The most significant improvement is greatly reduced ‘Channel Unavailable Errors' that have been encountered by users. This issue was impacting product availability and the improvement will provide a more reliable service. We have also improved access to favorites, channel lineup caching and overall error handling.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizard

The Media Manager software is available at www.sprint.com/downloads

Dated: 10/01/08
Software Version: 86.1.0.0
OS Supported: 32-bit version of Windows XP and Vista

64 MB

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't like the media manager. it's soooo sloooooow.

Is is just me, or does it not create sub directories under the Music folder for you?? I have a band I like, and they have a song called "Sober." I have it on a studio CD, and then on a live CD, and then on an acoustic CD. With the media manager it tries to put all the songs in the same directory, and the those file names are the same. So it asks if I want to overwrite or skip that file. I don't want to do either of those! I want all versions of that song on my phone!

Is there a way to do that without having to rename the file?? I didn't find one.

I've been using the memory card reader, which is also MUCH faster!!

Highlighted
Patron

I don't understand. I do not notice any changes for the TV. If anything, it got worse. Don't get me wrong, it has always been near unwatchable because of the freezing and pixelation, but now even some of the live channels that did work (or at least moved and didn't freeze as much) now freezes, and worse, the audio stops with it as well.

This is not a rant, merely a complaint. But how do you expect us to enjoy Sprint TV when you can barely watch it? All that freezing and pixelation is like nails on a chalkboard to my eyes. Please, can you fix the quality? Or at least clue us in one what's happening and if you can fix it? You can at least give us that much.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@InstinctAdmin wrote:

Sprint TV Update:

Sprint TV version 3.0.49 for the Instinct offers many additional benefits to users. To take advantage of the optimizations in Sprint TV, you must have the latest version of software installed on your Instinct. See the following instructions to verify your software and install the latest.

InstinctAdmin, Do you guys actually USE the Instinct as your primary phone???

I have no idea what version of the phone you Sprint guys have, but those of us out on the streets who have the M800.08 (Oct 10 2007) version of the phone, TV is absolutely horrible. Nothing you guys have done with the TV updates has done anything to improve or optimize performance. The general consensus is that with each TV update, the quality ACTUALLY gets worse. Hard to believe I know, since it's hard to degrade the quality that is already this bad.

The only viable solution to improving TV picture quality is by the MMG hack which we have to go to ##DATA# and remove the MMG ip/port and change the buffer from 07 to 20. THIS IS NOT SOMETHING WE SHOULD HAVE TO DO TO IMPROVE TV QUALITY! I am in a 3g area, and as far as signal/coverage is concerned, Sprint has antennas on our microwave tower on the roof at my work. I am maxed out in signal, so I can't get any better than what I have when I am at work. I am definitely in PCS mode with the phone... but the TV quality is so awful, that it's not even worth watching.

On top of the horrible quality is the freezing, the green screen, the pixelation/artifacts, the single frames with only audio and of course, the ever so infamous crashing back the main menu or the even bigger crash that resets the phone back to Speed Dial.

I've seen SprintTV on a Q9C and a BB Curve and it is completely different than what I see on the Instinct. Side by side comparrisons are just depressing.

Highlighted
Master

The only positive thing about this "upgrade" is at least they didn't take away any more channels and place them in the "PAY FOR ME IF YOU WANT TO WATCH". Like they did last time. We had all the channels when we first got our phones and then about two months later they took away some. "Simply everything" apparently doesn't mean "everything"

Highlighted
Master

@InstinctAdmin wrote:

Media Manager Update:

Media Manager version 86 addresses an issue experienced with the inability to activate the application upon first time use. To take advantage of the optimizations in Media Manager, you must have the latest version of software installed on your Instinct. See the following instructions to verify your software and install the latest.

If you are not experiencing any issues with activating SMM I don't recommend doing this update. It made it so that everytime I plug in my phone it gives the error "There is no card installed in the phone", I have to take out and reinsert the card. It still doesn't recognize the playcount when you've played a mp3 on the phone. Other than that "no noticeable improvement" as usual with the upgrades.

Beating a dead horse here, But come on guys some release notes with these upgrades would help.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat