ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asteroids for Instinct available - but not for Sprint users

Journeyman

Asteroids for Instinct available - but not for Sprint users

I have ported an existing java Asteroids clone to work on the Instinct's touch screen without LCDUI game controls. It's available at instinct-software.com

Unfortunately since 10PM last night our site has been unavailable to Sprint users due to "504 - gateway timeout" errors. If the right person here can get to the right person at Sprint's internet operations, that could be fixed. I have had another site with this issue before and the customer service answers are "the provider is blocking Sprint from accessing the site" (which is false; it's still working for Bell Canada and Sasktel users, and our provider doesn't block Sprint) and "it's not part of Sprint's network so there are no guarantees of access".

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: Asteroids for Instinct available - but not for Sprint users

I get the feeling SPRINT is trying to keep third-party apps that they do not control out of the phone.

Journeyman

@maikairu

I hope you're wrong on that. Because if that's the issue then my mind is made up...I'm going to the iPhone. I'm too tired of hoping and trying to enjoy my phone like my iPhone friends enjoy theirs.

I know Apple controls what's available on the iPhone via the app store, but Sprint "ain't no Apple" and the digital lounge sucks. Besides that's very underhanded if they are intentionally blocking us from a site.What ever happened to the "real" internet on our phones?

Journeyman

I can get to the site fine on my Diamond.

Journeyman

@jturnbow wrote:

@maikairu

I hope you're wrong on that. Because if that's the issue then my mind is made up...I'm going to the iPhone. I'm too tired of hoping and trying to enjoy my phone like my iPhone friends enjoy theirs.

I know Apple controls what's available on the iPhone via the app store, but Sprint "ain't no Apple" and the digital lounge sucks. Besides that's very underhanded if they are intentionally blocking us from a site.What ever happened to the "real" internet on our phones?

Read KB's post again. He didn't say Sprint was blocking the site. He said that Sprint says the host of the page is blocking Sprint.

Wizard

yes, one can also get there via the operamini 4.2 from the Instinct. It is the native Instinct browser that won't connect. Seems too convenient for this to be a coincidence. Will or Sarah any comment before the conspiracy theories deepen?

Can you pop the jar/jad on the Samsung-Instinct forum? I am jones-in to blow up some space rocks!

Master

I sometimes wonder if Sprint does block sites, I was using fun for mobile for a while and had no problem, Now I never get the text from them when I try to use it. Have heard others report the same thing.

Journeyman

That is rather fishy!!! I have room and bandwidth on my server if you guys need a backup or want to try a test...

Wizard

I tried from my Lotus and couldn't connect either. 

I called tech support and before I could get it all the way out she told me that it is a known network issue and that they are working on it. 

Message Edited by SarahKS on 11-13-2008 01:43 PM

Journeyman

They know they aremessing withus, and are working on appearing innocent.

Richards

Journeyman

@Eddlq wrote:

Richards

Don't be ridiculous.

Journeyman

@jonnythan wrote:

@Eddlq wrote:

Richards

Don't be ridiculous.

not being ridiculous just mad. It IS to me oh so highly suspicious that the website in question disappears from my handset while the REST OF THE INTERNET IS PERFECTLY FINE, come on It was working yesterday. What changed?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat