Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

hello all,

I am a member of the sprintusers forums. I hope to help with what feedback I can supply. My first Challenge with my HD is a memory issue. My phone reads TOTAL 100.0M USED 14.6M AVAILABLE 2.6M . Now I am past my 30 day return policy with BB. I do have the BB insurance but they want me to turn in my phone while they check it out. But I digress, I am looking for help and suggestions on atleast fixing my "out of memory" issue. I do also have the major lag and battery issues. I have reset the phone but to no avail on any resolution on fixing my HD.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi guys. I love this phone and have not run into any major issues with it, untill yesterday.

Every time I try to open an app or a game, a little window that says "Internal Error While Launching a Program". I have only downlaoded official Sprint stuff and have reset the phone whith the same result. Nothing opens!

At the same time, if I try to open the weather or cnn app I get "A handler is nedded to use K9 content type" with the option to "Get Handler" or "Cancel". When I hit get handler it just takes me to the sprint download page!

Lastly, I now notice that if I try to download anything like a game or ringer, I get that little pop up (that there for just a second, usually goes right to download complete), but the actual download NEVER starts!

All these thing happened at the same time so I have to guess that they are all due to the same issue. Again, I already reset the phone. I am fully updated in terms of software. I only download Sprint content. Anybody have the same issues? Any help? Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

If ur having major batter issues not regular ones means you havent got the mr 1 update which fixes the batter going dead five minutes. Go to setting update software somtimes it works cause it took me a couple times and its a two part process. I cant remeber what the number is for the new update so if it says you have the new update the forum should have the version of the update on one of these posts and you can use that to see if you have the newest one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

thats cools how you sign up for that getting people to test sprint phones? also the mr 1 fixed my battery problem which you said u already updated so thats wierd. And gps problem is even wierder i never had that, but if its around traffic time you will have a hard time getting your directions.

Journeyman

yes the facebook app is a joke so is the twitter and the internet is better for those your so right lol. But the battery problem is suposed to be fixed with the mr 1 update check and make sure you got it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

lolol you are pretty funny, but alteast your sticking with it, im sure these updates will help cause the last one did for me, and you can say its poor design but putting so many features into one software is going to have problems stuff we shouldnt have to deal with cause we are paying customers but im not going to act like were not beta testers your right about that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

on the instinct hd when someone sends a text with a number if it can highlight so you can tap it and add it to your contacts and make it reconize phone numbers it different forms example 3012344566 301 234 4566 (301)-234-4566 also when someone texts you an address if it can highlight so you can just tap it and the gps will pop up with address already inputed in the input section.

Highlighted
Journeyman

For some reason my wifi failed repeatedly even freezing up the phone completely causing problems which were fixed with doing a settings reset. First real problem with the phone, resolved rather easily but I wonder if this is just a fluke, or is this going to be an issue down the road?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am on my second phone. On both phones my wi-fi would lock up my phone if my roaming selection was on SPRINT ONLY. Once I switched it to automatic it has been rare and far between that my phone will lock up or not connect. Not to say it does ever do it, its just few and far between now. I do use the wi-fi at work and at home and this has worked for me. But I bought the phone for the camera so when I take my kids to Disney World, I got camera back up ! (cough...replacement) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyOfOMVXE0s

Highlighted
Journeyman

Opera is asking for an upgrade, YEAH !... BUT when I click yes it gives me an error message. " An error during upgrade. try again later " . I have gotten this error message since monday. Has anyone been able to resolve this? Or is it just my instinct running away from me, again?

Highlighted
Journeyman

mrmrswright3 wrote:

I am on my second phone. On both phones my wi-fi would lock up my phone if my roaming selection was on SPRINT ONLY. Once I switched it to automatic it has been rare and far between that my phone will lock up or not connect. Not to say it does ever do it, its just few and far between now. I do use the wi-fi at work and at home and this has worked for me. But I bought the phone for the camera so when I take my kids to Disney World, I got camera back up ! (cough...replacement) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyOfOMVXE0s

Your Exactly Right!!!! Wow, that's odd. My phone's wifi failed not shortly after putting my phone's roaming into " Sprint Only " Mode.

Thanks for catching my missing step...could have sworn I hadn't done any changes to the phone, but that is exactly what I did not shortly before the wifi problem happened.

My Opera update was successful, but I have a co-worker who's navigation/email/opera failed when trying to update...

Message was edited by: goygacon

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's more feedback...

Touch Sensitivity in the settings...I can't tell the difference no matter where it's positioned...is it just me?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat