cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

I placed both the iPhone and the HD directly in front of my router (connected to Comcast, by the way). I came uop with the same results, the HD wifi is almost always connecteing at half the speed of the iPhone.

All thing being equal, the only variable is the wifi reception of each unit. The ATT and Sprint network have absolutely nothing to do with this test. I fear that this a hardware problem and won't be fixed by any soft update. I will call Sprint later today, but I may be canceling my contract if I can't get comparable connection speeds.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, I've added both a radio station and web bookmark with  no problem....ok, 1 problem...hardly any radio stations work on my phone, they load up, and then...nothing

Highlighted
Journeyman

More feedback...not that i'm looking for flaws, they just show themselves.

Sprint web services app, CNN, both the entertainment & crime section have given me a " error loading data " code 1005

so the entertainment and crime section don't load, ever. Almost a month now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

this is def serious problem but i can tell you right now its not the network but the phone my first intincts using the opera mini is faster than my hd using opera mobile, so hopefully mr2 will fix this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

im hoping its a software problem cause my old instinct with opera mini is faster than the hd so it would be a shame they made a new generation not capable of doing somthing the old did.

Journeyman

lol no its just not you, and the calibration is gone on this one too, so we should all just tell sprint to use the opera mobile keyboard responds much better especially if we cant calibrate

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have the same problem they should have never made it capacitive touch and left it at resistive touch

Highlighted
Journeyman

dont worry hold on things might change. And the honest truth is the sprint repsenative is going to tell you the wrong information, there gonna have you try a bunch of stuff and not tell you have there a couple of software problems and the update doesnt come out till january which is the correct answer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

More feedback...Not sure if it's checking for email's or what but when the data signal is moving, when your not on the internet or even using something requiring data usage, the entire phone lags Bad! Not a little lag like switching menus produces, but bigger..affects texting, menu switching, and more until it's done doing it's data thingie ( yes, data thingie, lol )

Message was edited by: goygacon

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Tech Support admitted that that the Wi-LAN card on the HD is inferior to other newer phones, and even my two year old iPhone. Thats why my wifi connectivity has only been half the speed it should be. This is hardware issue and cannot be fixed with an update.

They recommended that I return all five phones and look for another deal to keep my newly established Sprint contract. I must say that that is a real bummer. I really liked the camera and camcorder on this phone. I also have to say that its refreshing for a company as large as Sprint to admit a potential problem with one of their phones. I'm used to companies lieing through their teeth to make sure they don't lose a sale.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good luck to you

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey i have another suggestion.  Can we please fix the youtube video sound and quality?  The pixel refresh rate is horrible, and my way older siblings phone's have way better mobile youtube quality than this brand new one.

Also, when i save my texting settings to "auto Correct on", it works for the day, but when i shut the phone off and turn it back on, it automatically resets itself to "auto correct off".  Same with the touch sensitivity;  it changes without me knowing.

And the auto text corrections at that are really off.  I saved the word "im", but everytime i type that in, it auto corrects it to "important", even though i specifically have "im" as a saved correct word.  It does alot of awkward corrections and things like that

And any feedback by sprint Admins here?  Can you please tell us that your catching all of this?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat