cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

Highlighted
Wizard

Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

We're looking for feedback about the Instinct HD to help determine what to include in the sconded maintenace release (MR-2)  due out early 2010.  Just  respond to this thread and we'll the collect and analyze your responses.

I can't  guarantee that everything posted here will be fixed in MR-2., but let's start the list and see how it goes.

MR-1 is tentatively scheduled for mid-October and will fix the battery indicator error.  I will post a full list of the fixes once I have them.

328 REPLIES 328
Highlighted
Journeyman

Good call! I thought I was the only one. Can you even vary the sensitivity of a capacitive touchscreen in the first place?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Someone thought so

Here's more feedback...when the phone is laying flat on a hard surface ( screen side up ) the bottom three keys ( the back arrow, home, and phone ) Don't respond to touch, and the touchscreen barely responds..it's like it ( the screen/phone ) needs to be elevated or actually in hand to respond...is this normal?

Message was edited by: goygacon

Highlighted
Journeyman

well this how my week has gone with my INSTINCT HD and the Best Buy and Sprint employees. NOT GOOD AT ALL...So I sent this email to Samsung I hope to have better luck with them.  MEMORY STATUS READS  : TOTAL 100.0M        USED 12.3M  AVAILABLE 1.8M . I bought the phone in october from Best Buy and had to have it returned. I got another 850 and it was ok till I did the two part update on it and it gave me this memory issue. I cannot download the opera update I cannot download ringtones or get most of my mail because of out of memory errors. I bring the phone back to Best Buy ( I bought the B.B. insurance) and they said it is a software issue and it would have to be sent off. They also said to try Sprint tech. support. Well I tried them and all they wanted to do was sell me another phone!!!! I just wanted my phone to work. I have done a reset to the phone and it did not resolve the issue. I asked sprint for the MSL to do a hard reset and they said they could not give it to me and since i did not have insurance with them it was gonna cost me $$$. Can someone please help by calling the BEST BUY at 407-482-8099 to help me resolve this issue. the phone lags and locks up aswell i just want my instinct to work. The picture quality is great but if my phone locks up and has no memory for updates this phone has failed me. Please help me so that this phone can be my HERO. HURRY there isn't a MOMENT (or customer) to lose..

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just bought five, yes five, of these phones for my family. My biggest concern at the moment is the WIFI connection and slow transfer of data across all available connections (wifi or 3G).

I did a side by side test with the iPhone (1st Gen., Edge and wifi only) that I still have connected to the ATT network. I used dslreports.com to perform the tests. The results were that the iPhone consistantly connected at two to three times the speed of the HD using my home wifi. It wasn't any better when I shut the wifi off on the HD and used the 3G connection only. That was the idea behind having the wifi capability, for those times that the 3G connection might not be available at its strongest, such as in my home. 

I believe that this may also be the contributing factor in my inability to access the TV and Radio broadcast available on HD (with the exception of the NFL Network, which comes in really choppy). Even youtube video runs really choppy, unlike my iPhone.

I plan to call Sprint Tech Support on Monday to see if they can help. I'm hoping that I didn't make huge mistake investing in these phones and transferring my account to Sprint. All I want is for the connections to work as advertised (by the Best Buy rep).

Thanks for the opportunity to convey my concerns on a forum like this. Great idea on Sprint's part.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As previously posted, I too fopund that when I lay the phone down and try to use the touchscreen, it has a very intermittent response. I also noticed that if I touch the phone any where on the housing with my other hand, the screen begins to respond normally.

Maybe I'm creating a circuit from housing to screen that the phone needs to operate properly - who knows. All I know is that it is very annoying when the screen operates intermittenly.

Message was edited by: aznamlad

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey there aznamlad...quick question concerning your speed on your Opera Mobile...they released two more updates this week, I just wanted to be sure you were up to date, it seems a little faster now.

mobilespeedtest.com just averaged 1377kbps on my web using wifi and 1000kbps using Sprint's 3g connection ( 3 test each ). Definately a difference on how fast webpages open on my phone, sometimes a 5 second difference using wifi.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I gave in and returned my phone to Best Buy. Good riddence to the Instinct HD and Hello Samsung Moment!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Goygacon, yes I updated Opera yesterday (or the day before). I'm gonna try the connection comparison using mobilespeedtest.com as you did, maybe I'll get different results.

At this point I'm not ready to give up on the phone. The fact that it has a great camera and camcorder, and that Sprint offers a discounted family data plan (which I now have) is insentive enough to keep trying. Besides I got them each for $99.99 with the family plan, and no activation fees.

Thanks for the help Goygacon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just tested the wifi connection at mobile speedtest.com (great website by the way) and came up with the same results. Using the 1Mb test, the iPhone (1st Gen) connected at 1587kbs, the Instinct HD at 766kbs. Sigh... half the speed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, 1587???

More Feedback for Sprint....Tweek that internet speed

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just used the mobilespeedtest on my HD with just my Sprint Opera Mobile browser, no wifi, with the 1mb test, about 10x, and 8 out of the 10x I got a reading between 1180 and 1384 kbps, with the FASTEST being 1436 kbps! Tho once I got a reading of 352 kbps and another of 206 kbps! I REALLY DO think that this is something can be tweeked with a future software update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but whenever I try and add either a radio station or a TV station to my favorites, it won't add anything? And if I try and add a Web bookmark to my favorites, it COMPLETELY RESTARTS my phone every time! Anyone elses phone doing this?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat