cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

Highlighted
Wizard

Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

We're looking for feedback about the Instinct HD to help determine what to include in the sconded maintenace release (MR-2)  due out early 2010.  Just  respond to this thread and we'll the collect and analyze your responses.

I can't  guarantee that everything posted here will be fixed in MR-2., but let's start the list and see how it goes.

MR-1 is tentatively scheduled for mid-October and will fix the battery indicator error.  I will post a full list of the fixes once I have them.

328 REPLIES 328
Highlighted
Journeyman

having issues with the facebook app  will not keep me signed in and when i do log on to it and goto update status the connection fails or it tells me that i have beensession has been timed out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOVE the phone; had the original and just updated to the HD in the last two weeks.  Here are my thoughts to improve.

1. Gestures are not working - can gestures be used to answer and hung up phone in addition to mute? Omnia had gesture to mute ringer of incoming call with face down. 

2. After the update Myxer.com no longer works.

3. Facebook takes FOREVER to loan - I just go online.

4. Accessing TV/Video on Fun Page brings up error and erases one favorite - have to press the arrow.

5. Would like to see Opera Mobile updated to double click to zoom out, use of volume rocker (far less attractive) or multi touch since the phone has 2 processors and should be MORE than capable.

6. Music player still plain but being able to display album art would be great or some sort or visual something while music playing - passive fake equalizer, visualizations, something.

7. Can we get a better calendar?

8. Specific Folder for ringers and Screen savers to make sideloading possible.

9. Bluetooth access to notes for easier transfer to other phones and computer.

10. If nothing else cut and paste.

11. Open API or whatever will make it possible to download from places like getjar.com for apps.

I know that it might sound like a lot but since this appears to be the forum to give the list I thought that I would give everything that I could think of.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same with twitter...sometimes when you open it, it bypasses the login screen making you think your logged in...but tweet anything and it fails everytime, it won't even put the ************** in the password box 80% of the time.

Agreed with youtube videos looking like c.r.a.p.o.l.a.  not much of a fan of the site myself and with the way those videos look on our phone, that's probably why

Facebook loads/switches pages slower than turtles hu-umm, walk  sure it's mentioned a few thousand times by now

Well, like it or not, I'm stuck with it ( Man 30 days flys by )  not much of an app fan, but would love to have Pandora if the team at Sprint could do some friendly persuading that would be AWESOME..

Tv looks better, may go xtra here soon.

Please PLEASE remove the error causing the music limit...this phone holds up to 16gig, those with 100's of 1000's of gig in music can fill this baby in about 20 minutes...( not to worry, I never visit the music store, no limit for me so far, never updated )

Oh, could you add a buzz option for recieved emails?  That was cool on my old phone...maybe a blinking l.e.d. for missed text too, that was nice too.

Done, Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

1 minute and 35 seconds to fully boot up the phone....average

Original Instinct...30 seconds

Might want to add that to the list

Message was edited by: goygacon

Highlighted
Journeyman

HELLO - THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT THIS PHONE NEEDS - THE ABILITY TO DROP A LINE WITHOUT HANGING UP ON THE ORIGINAL CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING THAT YOU HAVE TO HANG UP ON THE EXISTING CALL TO DROP A THIRD LINE THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO MERGE BECAUSE YOU CANNOT DROP ONE LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wifi failed again today ( automatic mode this time, not Sprint mode ). So like before I tried restore through the phone's dialer, and after that failed, tried resetting my settings...again, failed. Two more times trying and failing at both methods, a big Homer Simpson " Doh!!! " hit me like a brick... I unplugged my router, plugged it back in, and all is well again.

fyi - when you reset your settings, you lose your favs, all your contact and camera's " saved " pics, so, if you can, try to avoid this mess by trying to power cycle your router FIRST.

Could you add a " Yellow " theme?  Currently we have four themes ( black, blue, green, and purple ) The more the merrier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

in response to: drumlover

Re: Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but whenever I try and add either a radio station or a TV station to my favorites, it won't add anything? And if I try and add a Web bookmark to my favorites, it COMPLETELY RESTARTS my phone every time! Anyone elses phone doing this?

My InstinctHD is doing this as well and in fact I now have a bogus fav that has a name made up of random puncuation and foreign characters. When I try to delete it, it re-boots the phone. When the phone is done re-booting, the Fav I'm trying to get rid of is still there. I've tried numerous times since last night with the same result. It's looking like a full reset of the phone is going to be the only way to delete it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Thunder, if you go to main/settings/reset/reset settings, it'll delete your favs....but you'll lose your " saved " pics and contact pics...but it's one step short of a full reset....if that helps any

Highlighted
Journeyman

Goygacon,

Thanks for the heads up, but that exactly what I did and all it did was reset my menu setting and screensaver and any photo id's I had already assigned. It did not reset my Favs page back to normal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is more of a comment tan a suggestion. I called Sprint for my MSL so I could do a hard reset on my phone. BTW it did not resolve the memory issue. Sprint was very helpful and tried there best after givng me the code. They even tried to transfer me to Advanced Tech Support. They could not resolve my issue. I will have to bring my phone into B.B. and get it sent off. But Sprint Customer service has so improved, and they made it a point to say where they are located in the USA!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's good to hear. I'm sorry you are having that memory issue also. That same issue prevented me from doing the MR-2 update and is the reason I had to swap out my phone for the 2nd time(1st time the camera shutter button was faulty).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Of the 5 phone I purchased, I only exchanged 3 of them (for Moments). My wife and I kept our HDs despite the wifi issues. The latest problem is that I'm unable to receive any of the TV/Radio broadcasts that are available (with the exception of the NFL Network). My wife's HD and my kid's 3 Moments receive all of the broadcasts flawlessly. Sometimes I get an error message, but most of the time the player loads and all I end up with is a black screen (as if the video/radio broadcast is trying to play, but nothing)

I spent an hour on the phone with Sprint tech support (again) to try to resolve this. The tech had me reinstall the firmware and all types of other things with no success. On her advice I returned the phone to BB and tested the new one in the store - same thing, no video/ radio.

This time the BB sales rep spent an hour on the phone with tech support without resolving the problem. Tech support told him that the problem must be with the coding associated with my phone number and not the HD. They generated a repair ticket for one of their programming engineers (or something like that) so they could find the problem in the coding. They asked me to wait 36 hours before testing the phone for a fix. It's been longer, and still not working.

I don't believe the MR2 slated for January will resolve my problem, seeing as how my wife's HD works fine. By then my 30 days will be up and I'll be stuck. Today I will return to BB to see what my options are.

Message was edited by: aznamlad

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat