Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

Hello,

I just purchased my Instinct HD last week. Little did I know about all the issues, but I like this phone. It's great! I have a FEW issues with this phone.

I cannot open video or an mp3 on a website. For example if I go to www.victoryatl.org (the church I attend) and try to say listen OR download or watch, it will not open at all. I am wondering if there is an app that I need to add to my phone or something Spring needs to add to it make these types of files work. I noticed the listen one is in quicktime format and the video is in mp4 format.

Also, I would like a better music player because you can only PAUSE the music. You can't actually STOP the music. Now don't get me wrong this phone is great about reading WMA files but I would like an IMPROVED music player.

The battery indicator is sometimes nowhere close to accurate, that needs to definitely improve.

I also cannot "flip" my phone sometimes on the GPS or on the calculator that someone was talking about to turn it into a scientific calculator. I would like a small button that indicates to "flip" it like you can when you are sending a text message.

I love the weather channel app that it shows the weather on the indicator but I wish it would show the temperature too on the indicator before opening it up.

Also, one last thing I would for there to be more stations on the radio or at least access to pandora.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Jennifer, in your web tab on the phone, if you switch the look from " icon view " to " list view " using the grid showing in the top left side to switch layouts, your weather app should show the temp and weather conditions of up to 5 or more cities ( depending how many you select), then instead of opening it by clicking, you can use a swiping motion to go to the next weather you have set up.

You can also do the same for emails text, news, etc.

If your calculator won't switch views your going to need to power cycle the phone to get it working. (something I mentioned about the accelerometer not reactivating once it fails due to low power, even after charging the phone ) and make sure to tilt your phone to the left.

Amen on the music player request, and good luck on any unanswered questions you have

Highlighted
Journeyman

One thing i'd like to add is that the navigation and calculator only flip if you rotate the phone counter-clockwise. So make sure that isn't the issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sometimes randomly checking for software updates freezes the phone completely, forcing reboot.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi, first off i really want to say that i absolutley love this phone!  Way better than that moto Q i was stuck with for 2 years.

There are only a couple of things i'd like to see changed though

1.  Battery (maybe a new, better battery in general; please don't sacrafice features or performance for battery life)

2.  when i hit the Home key, or turn my phone on, i would like the Main menu to appear, not the "Favs" tab.

3.  Please allow Custom Ringtones!  I have yet to be told how to drag and drop ringtone files from the PC to the Instinct HD.

4.  Can we please set a "Vibrate" option in the ringtones lists?

5.  The Facebook App is a joke.  No notifications, no nothing.  I just use the opera browser to go to facebook mobile.  please fix that?

Other than these minor errors, i just want to say thank you for such a great phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi - I upgraded from the first Instinct (M-800) and HD is definitely an improvement - particularly the browser. However, the phone has taken a step back in the Bluetooth area. I was able to get it hooked up to my car (Lexus 2008 IS-F) just fine and found out that if you increase the speaker volume on the phone, it definitely makes it louder in the car so that is good.

The bad it that now when I have an incoming call, it doesn't ring through the car's speakers - just vibrates. Since my other Instinct worked fine, it is not something wrong with the car bluetooth. Have you had any other complaints about this or, do you know of any setting to change? I could not find anything to change and now must keep the phone where I can feel the vibration to know someone is calling me....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not sure if you can fix this but when watching a movie on the original Instinct, and a call would come through, if I ignored it, the movie would continue to play.  Also while watching a movie, if I hit the home key to exit the movie, then later pressed tv, the movie would continue where it left off. Now doing both only brings me back to the tv menu

Can this be fixed?

To an earlier poster, you can't drag and drop ringers, you need to use an uploader, and to set vibrate on ringers, go to main/settings/volume and vibrate/ and turn on always vibrate...

Highlighted
Journeyman

oh and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEAAASE add a T9 OPTION IN PLACE OF THAT ABC FORMAT KEYBOARD!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, one more thing.

I tried to hit the camera function on my facebook link and tried to take a picture and upload it and it never uploaded!! Also, I wish there were more radio stations from sprint, different genres and more stations from around the country.

Thank you.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Jennifer

Highlighted
Journeyman

So what do we have so far SarahKS??  Which ones are being considered?

and thanks goygacon!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The fact remains that any phone that has this many issues, is either poorly designed, or poorly constructed.

Either way I wish I would NEVER bought this junk.  At least my old simple phone did what is was supposed to do

without any fuss or headaches.  Unlike this monster.  I had to have it replaced twice the first month!

RUN FROM THIS PHONE AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Radio sounds distortingly loud

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat