cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

Journeyman

Re: Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

Well, how about adding this to the list:

xx.  Why is it going to take until early 2010 for MR2?  Good Lord!

This phone has officially been added to my "thanks, but no thanks" list.

Journeyman

OWA is supported on the HD.  Do you know if users are getting an error when trying to sync to their work email?  BTW, thanks everyone for all the great feedback.  I'm in the process of pulling all the responses, sorting through what will be fixed in MR1 and what we can target for MR2.  I will share all the new issues with Samsung.

Journeyman

Two critical issues:

• Battery life (already mentioned many times)
  • Network throughput on the HD appears to be considerably lower than the M800 and S30.  In side-by-side comparisons loading the same data from an application, the HD takes several times longer or times out, while the M800 always completes the transfer.  This may have to do with Sprint network setup, since the two phones appear to use different proxy servers.

A few low-level details that should be easily fixed in MR-1:

• Extended character support in the built-in fonts is less on the HD than on the M800 and S30.  Eastern European characters and common symbols like "TM" are present on the M800 and S30 but are missing on the HD.
  • QCELP audio files do not play using Sprint extensions in third-party apps.  Since QCELP was the only way for unsigned apps to play audio on the M800 and S30, that makes cross-Instinct compatibility very difficult.
  • WiFi signal strength is missing a "-" in front of it.  People are taking it as an absolute number (70 > 40 means 70 is stronger) but actually 70 is weaker, so the signal units are probably -dBm.
Journeyman

I found another one.

I've tried about 4 times now to add a Web Bookmark to the Favs page and each time the phone proceeds to freeze for several minutes, then shuts off until I turn it back on again.

Journeyman

Have had this happen twice now in the past week.  Try to connect to my network over wifi, won't connect, check the saved settings and a lower case 'e' has added itself to the end of my passphrase.

Journeyman

I also attempted to add a bookmark to the fav screen and it freezes up the phone.

Journeyman

Thanks Thunder18 - I tested it as well and when adding a bookmark to the Fav tab it does power cycles the phone.  In my case the phone turned back on by itself.  I tested this on MR1 and it is not resolved.   I'll have Opera and Samsung investigate this issue this week. 

Journeyman

And, hey, maybe Opera, Samsung and/or Sprint will actually test whatever "fix" they might come up with this time.

Journeyman

This is from the pcmag.com review.

"The biggest disappiontment was battery life; the Samsung Instinct HD lasted for just 2 hours and 31 minutes of talk time. Thats the worst result I've ever seen for a cell phone".

Thats really bad. I know that they are fixing the battery indicater, but does that address the power drain issue?

Journeyman

I'll check into the battery life.  I've sent your concerns to our guy that test the battery life on our devices to get some feedback from his testing.  I agree that is not what we want out of this device.  Thank you for the feedback.

Journeyman

Thank god I'm staying away from this landmine of a phone. I learned my lesson the first time.

Journeyman

Hey Teammate, first thanks for helping resolve the new HD issues people are having, can you answer me a question concerning the origional Samsung Instinct.

The default browser, defaults to minimum on every webpage in html mode ever since the last MR6 and again with MR7 release, even when resizing, it still goes to minimum size on the next page/article.  Zoom used to default in the middle of the zoom bar,, but now it zooms to the bottom.

"Out Of Memory" is a bug which hasn't been fixed since it's conception with MR4 when web browsing in html mode ( standard mode ), has never been addressed

This along with other known issues and bugs, which we are still waiting for that maintenence release.

I've contacted Samsung with all of our issues, who have informed me they have no intentions of any updates which brings me back to Sprint, you guys.

Are we finished? Is this the final product? Are there anymore updates coming?

I'm only asking you because your helping in the fix for the HD, so....who's helping us?

Thanks for any information in advance

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat