cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

Highlighted
Wizard

Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

We're looking for feedback about the Instinct HD to help determine what to include in the sconded maintenace release (MR-2)  due out early 2010.  Just  respond to this thread and we'll the collect and analyze your responses.

I can't  guarantee that everything posted here will be fixed in MR-2., but let's start the list and see how it goes.

MR-1 is tentatively scheduled for mid-October and will fix the battery indicator error.  I will post a full list of the fixes once I have them.

328 REPLIES 328
Highlighted
Journeyman

Your best bet is to probably return the phone.  Doesn't look like we're getting any updates to fix the problems this phone has, after almost a year.

If you plan on keeping the phone, there are some things to know.

All menus except your favorites menu have an option of switching the view from a list view to an icon view by clicking the upper-left envelope looking thing.

Your " Fun menu " is set up in a list view, and you'll notice the Sprint tv app has a yellow dot with two more spots.  If you swipe the tv app from right to left you'll see another tv/video ( sprint movies and more ) and swipe again and you'll see tv/video ( disney channel ).  Tap on either one of those and your tv app will open.  Or switch the list view into an icon view by tapping the upper-left hand side of your screen ( three white lines ) then select your tv app.

Believe it or not, your Sprint tv's failure to open is deleting one of your favorites in your favorites menu every time it fails to launch. I haven't had this happen once while my fun menu is set up in the icon view.

Opera Mobile:  to backspace, tap the back arrow at the bottom of your phone.

You can bookmark webpages to add to your favorites menu.

You can assign a speed dial slot by going to a webpage you want to assign, then tap the arrow at the lower left of your webpage, and at the top of the page is a page icon you select to assign.

To delete a speed dial slot, tap and hold the spot you wish to delete until a prompt pops up with a selection to do so.

Interrupted text - select dismiss and continue with what you were doing.  A blue star will appear at the very top of your screen to notify you of either a missed text, email, phone call, or voicemail...press the blue star when your ready to address whatever it is you missed.

Sluggishness - Your weather is updating in the web menu...and your phone will remain sluggish until the current temp adjust. Affects Everything on the phone...Everything, including unlocking to answering...everything.

Facebook is best online.  just set as a bookmark, and add to your favorites menu...the app is too slow....( unless you want to add pics )

Auto correct isn't reliable ( better than the original Instinct ) so maybe keeping it off is your best bet.  When ever you mispell a word, it will highlight red...click the red word for selections of maybe the right one, or if it's not wrong, select "learn this word".

This phone should be faster than this, but I don't think the four college kids who worked on this phone, or the rest of the team is still working on a fix.

I hope I'm wrong

Hope some of this helps

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here; do not buy or if you have return ASAP. Not worth it even for free.

Continual problems, freezing, deletes favorites on a weekly basis, has not sync in months.

You have provided more support in your emails then I have received from Sprint in 3 months.

As soon as my contract is on a break even I am dumping Sprint after 10 plus years.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Let's face it. This is not a smartphone so many things will not get done, ie apps,

4G phones, ie evo, epic, and others like android. iphone 4 are much better than the Instinct HD M850

This is not  a HIGH END phone, no matter what you think or how much you paid.

This is a losers phone, ie a cheap persons phone.

I know, I just got one. No cost,ie FREE but had to extend my contract 2 years. Well, you can not beat a FREE phone.

It looks cool much better than my old 4 yearl old Katana.

It has so many problems that I can not list them here

Would I recommend this phone? YES and NO

Hey, if you can get it for FREE and do not expect to do much more than call and chat, then YES

If you expect blinding speed, the best and greatest phone, show off look what I got, then NO.

Highlighted
Journeyman

4 college kids?

Are you crazy?

The tall red headed one is still in High School

and the short fat one with a smiling face  dropped out  of college. He thinks he is a Bill Gates.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, to all of you who state you LOVE this phone, have you figured out how to get other ringers than ringers from Sprint.com that you have to pay for to your phone. I like to make my own ringers (brother is in a band, like to use his songs) and they weren't showing up as ringers when i downloaded them. 12 hrs after rcvd this phone I was right back in the sprint store, leaving it for an hour, etc and all  for them to tell me that any other site other than Sprint.com, I can not get ringers. If that is the case, the phones are going back. I could get them just find on my orginal Instict and i expect this phone to be an upgrade, not a sham for Sprint to make more money, my hubby is so pissed (because we upgraded both our insticts to this HD) he is debating about dropping our 15+ year relationship with sprint (not just on the ringer issue, but that is the main issue)!!!!! if anybody knows anysite where we can get other ringers or make your own, plz let us know!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Per my previous posts, return the phone. It is nothing but trouble and there will be no upgrades or help. I had many attempts at help from Sprint but it is just a bad piece of equipment. This morning turned the phone on and all favorites gone, just a blank screen. Had to reset everything AGAIN.

As to the previous response to my posts, the phone was not free (not even close) and promoted to me as the "latest and greatest" when it was actually just a fill in until the new 3G and 4G units arrived. The loser part is that I am hung with a contract and a terrible phone.

Return the phone, not worth the aggravation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've found another glitch in my phone. I've read all the posts and can't remember if this one is included so I'm going to post it anyway.

* Whenever I call someone, I cannot hear the other line.  To remedy this situation, I've been having to turn on the speakerphone feature and then turn it off.  This makes it so I can hear the person on the other line (they could hear me prior to finding out this trick).

* Another weird thing is whenever I call someone, the time of call reads approximately 20 hours and some odd minute.  I think my phone is recording every call I make as one continuous call.  Hmmm...

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been fairly happy with my phone since I got it but now I've got some issues.  There is a weather.com app that came on the phone that I use to access fairly often and it worked just fine.  Now it won't work at all and after spending almost an hour on the phone, Sprint can't correct it nor offer an app that replaces it.  This also coincides with my Sprint TV issue.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it quits working while its on working with a message that says folder can't be loaded.  I'm getting pretty sick of my phone.  The only thing I can rely on it to do is place and answer calls.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Custom ringtones/message alerts? The ability to browse my phone instead of just the memory card? That would be great. Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a blackberry and I get my ringers from myxer.com. I got tired of paying for them at sprint then upgrading my phone and losing all the ones that I had paid for thru sprint. They would always tell me they couldnt transfer from my old phone so I would have to lose them or purchase them again then my little brother told me about myxer. he can download songs on his memory card and use as ringtones but he has us cellular. I havent found a sprint phone at all that you can do that on and when I called sprint about it cause I thought if any would it would be my blackberry they told me NOPE you have to buy them from sprint so thats how they make there money. Try myxer if you havent found a site already.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Samsung HD Instinct and I JUST figured out how to get the ringtones to my phone.  It is a long, pain-in-the-a$$ journey - but it can be done. 

Here is the way:

Go to www.myxer.com (or whatever website you get your ringtones from).

Save the ringtone to your computer. 

[On myxer.com set up a free acct and click "Get Ringtone" on the ringtone you want.

Enter your phone number and click "Next"

At the bottom of the next pop-up screen it says "Other Download Methods."  Click "Download to PC"

Click "Download File" on the next screen.

Click 'Save' and save the mp3 file to your computer in Music, or my documents, etc.

Now you MUST go to: www.ventones.com and set up a free account

Click "Phone Uploader" from the left side of the screen.

Click "Browse"

Locate and open the mp3 ringtone filed you saved to your computer

Click "Upload"

Name the file whatever you would like next to "File name:"

Click "send to phone"

This next part is important:

You will receive a text message BUT it will not provide you with the link you need (at least for me it didn't).

The information you need is still on your computer screen.

After you click "Send to phone" a new screen will display a web address (http://wap.ventones.com/gcd/.....)

Access the web on your new Samsung Instinct HD.

Type that link out (long and annoying - I know)

An "Untrusted Warning" will be displayed saying "This is non-trusted file..." 

Click "Continue"

Click "Set As"

Click "Contact ID" or "Voice Calls" or whatever. 

This will save the ringer to your Samsung Instinct HD! 

Now you can go "My Stuff" on your phone and "Ringers" and they will show up!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Samsung HD Instinct and I JUST figured out how to get the ringtones to my phone.  It is a long, pain-in-the-a$$ journey - but it can be done. 

Here is the way:

Go to www.myxer.com (or whatever website you get your ringtones from).

Save the ringtone to your computer. 

[On myxer.com set up a free acct and click "Get Ringtone" on the ringtone you want.

Enter your phone number and click "Next"

At the bottom of the next pop-up screen it says "Other Download Methods."  Click "Download to PC"

Click "Download File" on the next screen.

Click 'Save' and save the mp3 file to your computer in Music, or my documents, etc.

Now you MUST go to: www.ventones.com and set up a free account

Click "Phone Uploader" from the left side of the screen.

Click "Browse"

Locate and open the mp3 ringtone filed you saved to your computer

Click "Upload"

Name the file whatever you would like next to "File name:"

Click "send to phone"

This next part is important:

You will receive a text message BUT it will not provide you with the link you need (at least for me it didn't).

The information you need is still on your computer screen.

After you click "Send to phone" a new screen will display a web address (http://wap.ventones.com/gcd/.....)

Access the web on your new Samsung Instinct HD.

Type that link out (long and annoying - I know)

An "Untrusted Warning" will be displayed saying "This is non-trusted file..." 

Click "Continue"

Click "Set As"

Click "Contact ID" or "Voice Calls" or whatever. 

This will save the ringer to your Samsung Instinct HD! 

Now you can go "My Stuff" on your phone and "Ringers" and they will show up!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat