cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

Journeyman

Re: Attention: Instinct HD Owners - Feedback Request

The m800 has reached EOL (end of life) and has been dropped from the list of available phones on Sprints site......EOL also means end of updates. This is it. Maybe there will be another update for the S30, but I actually doubt even that with the bigger fish (HD) to fry.

Journeyman

Nonsence, just because it isn't on the list doesn't mean anything, giving up so easily??? Corrections need to be made, and almost 15 slots need to be filled, not even close to done. Off topic, sorry.

Journeyman

Having an issue with the on-board memory. Right now, my phone shows 100.0M Total memory, 18.3M Used but only 0.4M available. The red bar that indicates available memory is very small and seems to be indicating a small amount of actual memory used, but I keep running into this message when I try to Sync my email that indicates the memory is full and I need to free up some space before I can retrieve my emails. I have downloaded about 5 or 6 ringtones that I had on my original Instinct and currently I only have about 10 emails on the phone total so I don't believe that is the issue.

Ok, so I went ahead and deleted both my synced email accounts and pulled the battery for a few minutes. I now still only show 0.5M available memory.

Journeyman

I wonder how many M800 users that have had the phone since the beginning rushed right out and got the HD as soon as they were off of the trucks?

I've had so many problems with mine that I simply cringe when I hear the word Instinct. I'm on my 4th or 5th phone now, and I couldn't imagine getting one of these for a month or two just to see what issues this one has, and more importantly how long it takes to resolve them.

Early 2010 for a "real" MR tells me all that I need to know I'm afraid.

Message was edited by: jturnbow

Journeyman

Guys please try to keep this on topic as much as possible. I know we have questions about our M800's  and MR's but this is strictly a MR thread for the HD. Thank you teammate for looking into these issues for us. If you can provide any info on the M800 that would be great and a plus. If it is possible could another thread be posted as to feedback for the Next MR for the original M800 in the Instinct General area for those who do still have the M800 to attempt to get atleast one more MR out.

Journeyman

Having the same on board-memory issue as Thunder18.

Go to Settings, General and then Memory status.

My Total = 100.0M

Used = 19.0M

Available = 1.8M

It should be 81.0M.

Could this be looked into? From posts on the samsung Instinct forum, not all phones are showing this memory discrepancy. But we do have two examples of this with Thunder18 and myself. I'm sure others will be having this issue.

Thanks.

Journeyman

Maybe they used the Instinct's calculator to perform this calculation?  :-)

Journeyman

Yeah, I hope it's just a calculation issue and not a memory problem.

Journeyman

Thanks - I'm checking with Samsung to see if there's a good answer to this one.  I just checked and MR1 has this same issue.  The In Phone memory doesn't add up but the Memory Card is correct.

Journeyman

I have not heard of plans for any future MR's on those two devices, but I'll check into it.  If you would like to start another thread on this topic that would be great.  Thanks

Journeyman

Any word on if the power management issues will be addressed in the first mr?  This really needs to be fixed quick.  Also, a lot of errors are occuring on the Sprint services like radio and tv.  "channel temporarily unavailable" is the prevelant one.  I can usually try it a couple of times and it will eventually work.

Journeyman

yes, we are seeing better results, but we'll see if you guys think the same thing.

On a side note - I've provided Samsung with all he feedback to date on the HD.  I know this goes without saying but please keep in coming.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat