Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLOCKING A CALLER

Journeyman

BLOCKING A CALLER

How do you block a person from calling without having to change your number!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: BLOCKING A CALLER

If the number is showing up...call Sprint and see if they can do it for you.  If they're blocking their number, they haven't figured that out yet ( I think ) and the last thing you could do is go into the digital lounge from your computer, click the free stuff, and download a silent ringer for the number you don't want calling...again, if they're blocking their number, you can't even do that...Good luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

If the number thats calling you shows up on the caller ID all you have to do is add it to your contact list. Then while viewing that number in your contact list hit menu then options and check off the box next to Incomming calls, Send directly to voice mail.

I also use a nice little app called CallFilter it will block(with options) any number and also block unavailable and private numbers as well. Its free in the Market.

Highlighted
Journeyman

how do you get or use call filter app

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am trying to do the same thing.  I hope someone can help

Highlighted
Journeyman

AB5150 how do you get or use call filter app  It's in the Android Market Place, Once you enter the market just search for call filter.

Highlighted
Master

RSPC44, This is the Instinct Forum, The Instinct does not have access to the Android Market. There is no app for the Instinct that blocks calls.

Here is a Silent Ringer you can place on the phone and assign to numbers you wish not to be bothered by.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/servlet/JiveServlet/download/2019-25074-136712-3070/silent.mp3

Download it to your PC then use this uploader to send it to your phone.

http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Awesome! I have downloaded app now hopefully this will stop my annoying caller

Highlighted
Journeyman

i think all phones have this option, just select no ringer for the annoying caller and your phone wont ring,,,

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat