cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: Music Player lost all songs

Highlighted
Patron

BUG: Music Player lost all songs

I was in the middle of listing to music, when the song was about to change, I got a message saying that it didn't have the rights to play the song or was corrupted. I skipped that song, and got the same message for every song on my phone. After shutting down and powering back on, I now have zero songs available, yet the memory status indicates that all the songs are still on the SD card. Help please.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

It's happened to me before too.  I don't know the cause or solution but I have reached out to Sprint to see if there's folks here that can help.

What software version are you on?

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Patron

I'm on CD17 (MR-6 update from a few days ago). Sorry to hear you're in the same boat I am, but "misery loves company".. or is it "there is safety in numbers?" I hope you get some answers soon, its dead quiet today and I need my tunes! 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd say your best best is to format the card to resolve any corruption issues and then reimport your music. Sorry it isn't a magic wand answer but from what I've seen on the forums it is the best way to resolve the issue to avoid it reoccurring.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Was the music you were playing downloaded via Sprint Music Downloads or cross loaded to the device?  If it had been downloaded via Sprint Muisc Downloads was it downloaded to that particulare device or had it been downloaded on another device and the SD card transfered to this Instinct device?

Highlighted
Patron

I've reformatted the card before... A while back all my pictures were actually deleted by the phone or act of GOD. So I put the SD card in my computer, checked it, and it turned out to be corrupted. So after a reformat, everything went back to normal. I was listening to music loaded from my computer, when it went whacko. I was able to do the web Sync and got the songs I bought from the music store back, but that's all. I really hope there is an easy fix for this. I'm not loooking forward to transfering all my data off the phone to mycomputer, reformatting, and sending everything back... I'm still traumatized from the last mishap (3 tech support calls, a week of no answers, and finally playing the guessing game on my own to try to fix the problem).

Highlighted
Master

@mikea wrote:
Was the music you were playing downloaded via Sprint Music Downloads or cross loaded to the device? If it had been downloaded via Sprint Music Downloads was it downloaded to that particuler device or had it been downloaded on another device and the SD card transferred to this Instinct device?

It has nothing to do with "Where" they came from. The Instinct has been known to wipe the cards. It has been reported since it was first released. The card will appear empty but yet the memory says they are still there.

The are recoverable by searching(Google) for a data recovery program, Place the card into a card reader and BAM there they are.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Not sure if I'm supposed to share this, but we've duplicated the issue, captured the error in the data logger and are engaged with all the parties that can fix it to track down the root cause and hopefully find a fix.

So, thank you for posting this bug - it's driving a fix!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

@wengla02 wrote:

Not sure if I'm supposed to share this. . .

Don't worry Will, we won't get you in trouble with Sprint by tellingpeople you are being helpful.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat