cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG..Voice dial only works if ringer volume is turned up??

BUG..Voice dial only works if ringer volume is turned up??

I can't beleive I just noticed this but I have to have my phone on vibrate or 1-beep just about 90% of the time now. All of a sudden voice dialer stopped working (I couldn't hear it ask me questions). Turns out instead of using the system volume it uses the ringer volume. How dumb is that! I was told the same is true with Navigation which makes no sense.

This is true even if you're using a bluetooth headset which is EVEN DUMBER!!

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: BUG..Voice dial only works if ringer volume is turned up??

Navigation and music player are on separate and independent volumes. I (usually) always leave my phone on the one beep thing.

So you're saying you cannot duplicate the voice dialer issue?? I have two Instincts (my wife has the other) and they both act the same way. If I turn the system volume to MAX and the ringer to off or 1-beep then the voice dialer is either too soft to hear or plays nothing at all as confirmation.

Journeyman

No, I have no idea about the voice dial thing. I've never used it other than when I accidentally hit the button. I was just saying that other programs are independent of ringer volume, so perhaps its just the voice dial?

The voice dial doesn't work as originally advertised anyways (I recall a long thread a couple months ago) so that wouldn't surprise me.

Journeyman

Cozz,

You are absolutely correct about the Voice Dialing commands (the "Say A Command" lady) being virtually inaudible when the ringer volume is turned down or off or on vibrate.

This is easily the single, dumbest "feature" (or BUG)I've noticed with my Instinct - and, believe me, there are a lot of dumb and/or stupid things about this phone. They are all well-documented on these boards - and routinely ignored or glossed over by the Sprint representatives on here.

Another single, dumbest "feature" (or BUG) in this phone is the inability to lock the screen during a call.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat