cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad News, Im Afraid, For Instinct Owners...."The Palm Pre" introduced today at CES

Journeyman

Bad News, Im Afraid, For Instinct Owners...."The Palm Pre" introduced today at CES

All the high hopes we have all had for our phones could be going down the drain with the introduction of the new Palm Pre. It will replace the Instinct as Sprints mainstream flalgship device in the first half of this year. You can only guess where that puts development and updates for the Instinct......bottom of the list of course.

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: Bad News, Im Afraid, For Instinct Owners...."The Palm Pre" introduced today at CES

It's a pretty cool phone

Journeyman

Re: Bad News, Im Afraid, For Instinct Owners...."The Palm Pre" introduced today at CES

Why should Instinct owners consider the Palm Pre bad news, as if new technology is an enemy. If Palm makes a great new phone good for them. If u think Pre is better then buy it.

Journeyman

this phone looks sick.

cant wait for it.

only deciding factor will be the price.... gonna be high as all hell...

Journeyman

new technology is great, just pointing out the obvious th...

new technology is great, just pointing out the obvious that sprint will now focus all efforts on this new phone leaving instinct users hanging

Journeyman

i wonder if instinct development ceased by Sprint, what the chances would be that they would completely open source the phone? And give full access for user/developers to make the phone better....

Journeyman

Wells if thats true for the Instinct then wouldn't that mean they wont focus on any of the other phones as well...you know, diamond, pro, rant, lotus, centro, etc....

Journeyman

well, they certainly haven't done anything for the Touch...

well, they certainly haven't done anything for the Touch Pro. there hasn't been one update yet and i have had it for 2 months now.

Patron

Re: well, they certainly haven't done anything for the Touch...

I am so getting that Pre. Looks sick, and that semi wireless charging sold me. Im looking forward the price, and on June, Sprint let's talk.

Journeyman

Re: well, they certainly haven't done anything for the Touch...

Not a fan of Palm and anything that they've done lately. If the Instinct was released with issues and the Storm was released with issues, then I'll be willing to bet that the Pre will have even more issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

And the press is again make references to a "true iPhone competitor." Why why why? They jinx the device from the start with high expectations.

Here's one big mistake I made when I bought the Instinct: I didn't think much about it having a new operating system. Most of the problems we have as Instinct users are because of this new operating system. There's just not much support out there for new apps. The Palm Pre also claims it'll use a new Palm OS. I'm staying away from new operating systems until they have proven full support in all areas. Fool me once that is enough!!!

Journeyman MDG
Journeyman

I think the Instinct will still get plenty of attention, after all, there are a very large number of people with the phone that Sprint needs to keep happy. A new phone may get more of the marketing dollars, but I've still seen updates for the Katana, i335, and Rant all in the past month or so. Sprint will continue to support all their handsets.

And I agree, I wish the press and the review sites would quit with the iphone killer stuff. I'm just looking forward to seeing Palm move forward with some new stuff other then the same old updated Treos.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat