cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad News, Im Afraid, For Instinct Owners...."The Palm Pre" introduced today at CES

Wizard

Re: Bad News, Im Afraid, For Instinct Owners...."The Palm Pre" introduced today at CES

The Pre does look very nice. Their interfaces are a lot nicer looking than on the Instinct, makes the Instinct look like it is running Caleco-vision....but this is to be expected, they developed the Pre muuuuch longer than the Instinct.

I am very happy that this device is coming to Sprint, it will hopefully woo more customers back or keep the Palm customers here, thus ensuring a future for cheap plans and great coverage.

I don't think that they will stop updating the Instinct. They only have a few more glitches to repair, then it will run just fine for me until the summer handsets come out.

Journeyman

Re: Bad News, Im Afraid, For Instinct Owners...."The Palm Pre" introduced today at CES

The nicest thing about palm devices is the large library of existing applications - and most are already touch-screen aware. Since the instinct runs java, this shouldn't have been a big problem for us either, but the lack of a real keyboard and the app signing requirement makes it one. It will be interesting to see how much the new palm os breaks.

Journeyman

I disagree with you all claiming the Instinct OS is "colecovision" I went into Verizon today and after trying the Storm, Dare, and Omnia, Instinct is so much easier to use, keyboard is much better!!

Journeyman

After many years as a loyal Sprint customer (along with several friends) we have decided to get the iPhone (rumors a 20Gb on its way). Especially now that iTunes will be offering all download content "DRM" free. So, now I have to be patient for my contract to end. LOL.

Good by Sprint.

BTW, we don't care about internet speed on the iPhone since we've determined the vast majority we spend online occurs on our PCs/Macs.

Journeyman

Journeyman

i gave my centro to my wife for me to get an instinct cau...

i gave my centro to my wife for me to get an instinct cause of the iphone killer it was going to be.. the centro is 100 times the phone the instinct is still. only thing i like better about my instinct is the larger display now. the pre is very sweet looking. if the instinct doesnt do a 180 by the time it comes out. im going back to palm they have been doing this stuff for yrs.

Journeyman

Ask yourselves this! THE PRE... the pre-"what"!...

Ask yourselves this! THE PRE... the pre-"what"! The pre more issues and headaches than the iphone wannabe... the pre I wish i didnt by it...

Journeyman

Re: Ask yourselves this! THE PRE... the pre-"what"!...

The Pre seems pretty good but it looks rather feminine, kind of small, tiny keyboard, hardly any hardware buttons, a bit too oval for me. But its new and NEW phones should be "better" shouldn't they?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@lesmikesell wrote:
The nicest thing about palm devices is the large library of existing applications - and most are already touch-screen aware.

lesmikesell,

Do you know anything the rest of us do not? From everything I've read, it states this is a new Palm OS. The question I raise is whether this new OS is compatible with old applications? I'm not falling for that! How new is this new Palm OS? Take a look at this article and, in particular, questions 7 and 8.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2338583,00.asp

Sorry.

Message Edited by Egidio on 01-09-2009 07:08 PM
Message Edited by Egidio on 01-09-2009 07:09 PM

Journeyman

I have good gut feeling about this phone. I'm elated to hear it will be on Sprint.

There is some new, exciting technology (wireless charging) and out of the box thinking (touch pad extending below screen, 'card' desktop, multiple page web surfing).

And its a Palm, so you know it will have a good calendar and contact storage interface.

Not sure how the music player portion of it will work out, which is one feature I use a lot on my Instinct.

You can bet money that technologies beingintroducedwith this product will be on future devices.

I'm excited for Sprint and Palm (for once).

Journeyman

@Egidio wrote:

lesmikesell,

Do you know anything the rest of us do not? From everything I've read, it states this is a new Palm OS. The question I raise is whether this new OS is compatible with old applications? I'm not falling for that! How new is this new Palm OS? Take a look at this article and, in particular, questions 7 and 8.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2338583,00.asp

That's the first I'd seen about it being incompatible with existing Palm OS. Personally, I think that's really stupid, but Palm does have a history of that...

Journeyman

@lesmikesell wrote:

That's the first I'd seen about it being incompatible with existing Palm OS. Personally, I think that's really stupid, but Palm does have a history of that...

lesmikesell,

I'm with you 100%. I'm so tired of being guinea pigs for new OS! Not with my money.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat