cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America not working!!!?!?!??! HELP!~!~

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bank Of America not working!!!?!?!??! HELP!~!~

Up until about Sept. 12, 2008, I had no problem with the Bank of America Mobile banking website. However, since that date, I cannot connect to the site at all. All I get is "Connection Failed".

Someone please help!~

Sincerely,

Frustrated Instinct user!~

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: Bank Of America not working!!!?!?!??! HELP!~!~

Just tried it. Worked for me, but in Standard Mode. Give it a Shot

Journeyman

It was working fine in Standard mode and recently it just stopped working. I have tried restarting the phone and everything. Still can't get it to work!~

Journeyman

Are you able to access all other sites except Bank of America?

Are you receiving an error code?

Journeyman

Yes, I can access other sites fine (CNN, MLB.com, Weather.com, etc.) in standard mode and mobile mode. Bank of America is the only one that I can't. If I take it to the store, can they exchange it for an Instinct that actually works??? Especially if it works on their phone down at the store....

Only message I get is "CONNECTION FAILED". Nothing else.

Please help!~

Journeyman

What state are you in I understand BFA has Blocked Some States with the Service. WA was one of them But to be back Soon.

You may want to call Customer Service of BFA

Journeyman

Seems to be working ok for me.. and in mobile mode (SC) Kinda slow though

Journeyman

Ok, People this is the instinct browser we are talking about.

It does not work. It works almost ok when you get the phone and over time (weeks) degrades to nothing working including icons around the browser .

That is why most people can't stand the browser and what the keyboard fix to load opera.

On the other hand there is a "fix" from sprint on the 17th that MIGHT fix something or everything, or break something else.

So live with it at least till the 17th.

Journeyman

<blockquote><hr>VR4 wrote:<br><p>Ok, People this is the instinct browser we are talking about.</p><p>It does not work. It works almost ok when you get the phone and over time (weeks) degrades to nothing working including icons around the browser .</p><p></p><p>That is why most people can't stand the browser and what the keyboard fix to load opera.</p><p></p><p>On the other hand there is a "fix" from sprint on the 17th that<strong>MIGHT actually come out </strong>and fixsomething or everything, or break something else. Given sprint's track record of promising updates, let's see if it actually even releases on the date they gave us.</p><p></p><p>So live with it at least till the 17th.</p><hr></blockquote><p></p><p>Fixed that for you. ;)</p><div class="message-edit-history"><span class="edit-author">Message Edited by corrupt81 on </span><span class="local-date">09-15-2008</span><span class="local-time"> 10:07 PM</span></div>

Journeyman

I am in Maryland. After posting this to the forum yesterday, within an hour or so, I was able to access Bank of America again. However, people are correct and the browser is virtually worthless. How is Sprint going to release a phone that is clearly "supposed" to be one of their best products and not take care of the software/hardware problems.

Further, without Flash, I would consider the browser to not be fully functional. Especially when every popular website uses some Flash somewhere, whether it's menu's, video's, introductions, etc.

Does anyone know the technical reason or business reason why Flash was not considered?

Journeyman

Someone please correct me, but I don't think many phones have flash. My BB Curve doesn't have it. . . . . anyone know if there are a lot of phones that use flash?

Journeyman

There are very very few phones that use Flash. Even the iPhone doesn't so you don't get the "full web" there either. Then again, you are using a PHONE, not your "full desktop" so there are some tradeoffs to be made. I think Flash is left off phones due to memory considerations, but perhaps there are some other reasons that I am unaware of too.

I'm sure at some point Flash will be widely available on mobile devices and we will all have near desktop like experiences with our phones that display projected images onto a wall allowing us to work anywhere (that's dark enough), but that day is not here quite yet.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat