cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic-Basic feature is missing? When on charger, no clock feature? Really?????

Patron

Basic-Basic feature is missing? When on charger, no clock feature? Really?????

When I put the Instinct on the charger I can not figure out how to make it show my back round picture with the clock. I've never had a phone that did not have that ability. Am I the only only person who uses their phone as their alarm clock? The little clock in the upper right hand corner is no help when the phone is on the night stand.

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Basic-Basic feature is missing? When on charger, no clock feature? Really?????

@blmstout wrote:
When I put the Instinct on the charger I can not figure out how to make it show my back round picture with the clock. I've never had a phone that did not have that ability. Am I the only only person who uses their phone as their alarm clock? The little clock in the upper right hand corner is no help when the phone is on the night stand.

I double checked my phone before I answered this. When pluged into the wall charger my phone still fuctions as normal, the only difference is the screensaver is replaced with a black screen with a battery charging graphic phone still usable clock and alarm fuctions. If I plug into USB port on my tower it becomes a mass storage device whyle it charges, no phone use at all no clock or alarm. If I plug into USB located on computer screen panel it is just like described in wall charger. Mabey someone else can chyme in on this.

Journeyman

Re: Basic-Basic feature is missing? When on charger, no clock feature? Really?????

If you use the 'safely remove' icon in the PC system tray to disconnect the USB storage device, the phone will go back to being a phone while it charges.

Journeyman

@lesmikesell wrote:
If you use the 'safely remove' icon in the PC system tray to disconnect the USB storage device, the phone will go back to being a phone while it charges.

I forgot about that you can also push the talk to action button before you plug into the tower and acomplish the same thing, a little easier.

Patron

what about seeing the clock as a default when in the char...

what about seeing the clock as a default when in the charger anyone??????????????

Journeyman

@ncintimafan wrote:

@blmstout wrote:

I double checked my phone before I answered this. When pluged into the wall charger my phone still fuctions as normal, the only difference is the screensaver is replaced with a black screen with a battery charging graphic phone still usable clock and alarm fuctions. If I plug into USB port on my tower it becomes a mass storage device whyle it charges, no phone use at all no clock or alarm. If I plug into USB located on computer screen panel it is just like described in wall charger. Mabey someone else can chyme in on this.

According to ncintimafan the clock is still there.

Journeyman

The clock is only there when you press the power button. I believe the OP would like to have the screen that appears when you press the power button stay on constantly.

Journeyman

@doczenith1 wrote:
The clock is only there when you press the power button. I believe the OP would like to have the screen that appears when you press the power button stay on constantly.

I understand, I missed the point completely. Can this be acomplished with a clock app?...Anybody?

Journeyman

There is a Digital Clock app at Instinct-software.com. only $2, and works great.

Journeyman

Re: what about seeing the clock as a default when in the char...

Not sure what you mean.

When I plug my phone in I see the green battery charging icon in the middle of the screen.

Below that is the clock displaying the time, day, month and year. The time is kind of large with the date info smaller underneath it. This stays on the whole time that my phone is charging.

Journeyman

When I plug mine into a regular wall charger it times out...

When I plug mine into a regular wall charger it times out and goes to a complete black screen.

Journeyman

Re: When I plug mine into a regular wall charger it times out...

@rbyers1943 wrote:
When I plug mine into a regular wall charger it times out and goes to a complete black screen.

If you lock the phone first I believe it will stay on the battery and clock screen.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat