cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery ever charge 100%?

Journeyman

Battery ever charge 100%?

I have been noticing that even though I leave my Instinct plugged in all night long, in the morning when I see the battery level, it only shows 90%. Is that normal?

26 REPLIES 26
Journeyman

I have the same issue

I have the same issue

Journeyman

I just figured anything from 90 to 99 would show as 90%.....

I just figured anything from 90 to 99 would show as 90%...so the instant you take your phone off the charger it is not at 100% anymore thus showing 90%...Just my thought.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Both mine say 90%, I have yet to see it at 100%. I'm gues...

Both mine say 90%, I have yet to see it at 100%. I'm guessing that's the norm.

Journeyman

I check my phone in the morning after charging and the sc...

I check my phone in the morning after charging and the screen says charging complete and it is at 100%.

Journeyman

Re: I check my phone in the morning after charging and the sc...

@mark2570 wrote:
I check my phone in the morning after charging and the screen says charging complete and it is at 100%.

Do you charge your phone with the phone off or on? I wonder if that would matter. I've been leaving my phone on while charging. I will test it tonight and turn it off when I plug it for charging.

Journeyman

I have used both the extra charger (battery was in charge...

I have used both the extra charger (battery was in charger all night and just installed) says 90%. Just as my phone was plugged in all night and this morning read 90%.

Journeyman

Mine says 90% as well. I guess 90 is the new 100!

Journeyman

The phone will beep once it is fully charged if ur sound...

The phone will beep once it is fully charged if ur sound is on!

Journeyman

Re: Mine says 90% as well. I guess 90 is the new 100!

@jaker wrote:

LOL... Cool.

Last night I tested charging my battery with the phone off. This morning, I turned on the phone and immediately checked the battery level. It did show 100% for a second. Then it went down to 90%. I think the moment everything starts running, the level drops from 100%. On the other hand, the level was pretty good through the day. I don't use my phone much. I had a couple of calls, surfed the web a little, ran the GPS for 15 minutes and listened to music for 20 minute. When I got home, the battery level was still 80%. Not bad.

Journeyman

Mine does the same thing and I charge it with the phone o...

Mine does the same thing and I charge it with the phone off. I still can't get the battery cover off my phone to save my life to try the other battery.

Journeyman

Re: Mine does the same thing and I charge it with the phone o...

@sanmanc wrote:
Mine does the same thing and I charge it with the phone off. I still can't get the battery cover off my phone to save my life to try the other battery.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat