cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Browser - Please make a request to Opera for Opera Mini Browser for Sprint Instinct.

Journeyman

Best Browser - Please make a request to Opera for Opera Mini Browser for Sprint Instinct.

If enough people request for Opera Mini browser, Opera will pay more attention to creating a version for Instinct.

For those that do not know, Opera Mini is a FAST java based browser that runs on most phones (it currently doesn't run on Instinct because of missing physical keyboard or virtual standard keyboard). It has been downloaded over 40 million times worldwide on all kinds of phones! It displays websites just like what you see on your PC and has great touch scrolling!

If you install the existing version of Opera on Instinct and run it right after you install, it will work (don't try to type in an address!) but once you exit, it doesn't work.

Please go and make a request for Opera Mini for Sprint Instinct here (you will love your phone a lot more once we get Opera Mini for Instinct):

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=235427

Message Edited by jsmith on 06-24-2008 09:43 PM
Message Edited by jsmith on 06-24-2008 09:47 PM

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've joined in the request for an opera release that supp...

I've joined in the request for an opera release that supports the Instincts keyboardless design. I haven't seen any feedback from anyone that indicates the project is underway, or when it is expected to be ready.

Journeyman

I have been a Sprint customer for over 7 years now. I rec...

I have been a Sprint customer for over 7 years now. I recently purchased the Instinct phone and overall I love it, just not the browser. I will be, as well as a host of others pleased if Sprint will allow the functionality of OperaMini on the Samsung Instinct phone. For better customer service.........................

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat