Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueTooth Handsfree Profile Changed with new upgrade?

Journeyman

BlueTooth Handsfree Profile Changed with new upgrade?

Hey, has anyone else noticed that the handsfree profile changed with this new update to the core phone software? It not longer sends signal strength information to my car when linked. It did before the update and now it is gone.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: BlueTooth Handsfree Profile Changed with new upgrade?

After the July 30 update I had to re-pair my BT headset. It would not reconnect with the old profile. I deleted the old BT profile and re-paired the headset and phone. It is working well again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: BlueTooth Handsfree Profile Changed with new upgrade?

i noticed it as well with my parrot MK6100 handsfree kit, however it was not a big neccessity for me so i wasn't bothered by it.

my biggest issue is not being able to recieve GPS directions, radio and text and calander notifications via bluetooth profile, and having my handsfree system ring about 50% of the time a text message comes in as if it is a phone call

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried removing and re-pairing the phone and still no si...

I tried removing and re-pairing the phone and still no singnal information. I also have the same problem with text or email messages making the handsfree system think there is a phone call coming in. I set email not to notify me (which is funny it still vibs when I get new email) so that cut down on a lot of the "fake" phone calls.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat