cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Headset Volume - Too Low

Journeyman

Bluetooth Headset Volume - Too Low

When using a Bluetooth headset, the volume for the voice dialing prompts are indistinguishable. The words cannot be heard, even when the volume on both the Instinct and the Bluetooth headset is turned up to the max. If there is no surrounding noise, the voice prompts can be slightly heard. When using a Bluetooth during a call, the volume is a bit better, but it's still difficult to hear. Again, with volume at max.

My previous phone the voice prompts were clearly and easily heard and the volume controls on my Bluetooth controlled my phone earpiece volume. It seems they're separate on the instinct. The callers were also easily heard.

I've tried both the Plantronics Voyager520 & the Motorola H700 with identical results.

I searched the postings for this issue and found only one or two related posts. The most recent on 9/08. The most recent Admin post was on 11/06.

In my opinion, this has become a fairly critical issue now that many states have enacted headset laws while driving. Having the ability to voice dial and hear the prompts is critical to the hands free operation. In addition to hearing the callers.

Please advise.

PRL:6061 / SW:EX.M800 BK14 / HW: M800.08 / MCL: 5.5.28 / 0BIG0: Q7.0-1.6 B

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Bluetooth Headset Volume - Too Low

The same happens to me with my Jabra, but not every time. Three out of four times I experience this problem. I can not pinpoint anything that is done differently when it works.

Wizard

I would really like to see the volume increased overall in this phone, it has been requested in the past and nothing has come of it. There must be a way that when it communicates with the bluetooth, it could go to a higher volume or potentially when a headphone is connected? Without bluetooth, I don't think it can go any higher without blowing out that little speaker.

Master

Have you guys done the volume mod? It does make a difference.

Enter test mode from dialer by entering:
47*869#1235

Enter code 078, these seem to bevolume settings:

PCS HAND SPK 000
PCS HEAD SPK 120
PCS AHFK SPK 000
PCS SPKR SPK 120
PCS BTEM SPK 040
CEL HAND SPK 000
CEL HEAD SPK 120
CEL AHFK SPK 000
CEL SPKR SPK 120
CEL BTERM SPK 040

AHFK stands for Auto Hands Free Kit
Increasing it could potentially increase headphone volume.

The range on these values is 0 to 120

Volume up/down to move from one volume setting to the next, then type-in the new value and the Done button. Press # then 002 to get out.

Master

I forgot to say "WARNING" don't mess with any thing else in there it could brick your phone. I have all mine set at 120, Had done it back in the beginning of august and have had no issues with changing them.

Wizard

Sarah or Will has this been reported to Dev team?

These should be fixed or at least addressed as to why it can't go any higher.

Thanks!!!!

Journeyman

Try turning up the volume of the ringer to max. See my other post:

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=InstinctBugs&thread.id=224

Ron

Journeyman

To: levi4u

Thanks it helped a little at least now i can use pandora with earbuds at the gym and somewhat hear over the treadmill

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat