cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Music streaming does not work with pioneer car radio's

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bluetooth Music streaming does not work with pioneer car radio's

My bluetooth works fine for the telephone on the pioneer car stereo, but the bluetooth does not work. I can control the phone from the radio via bluetooth, but no sound. There are a lot of people having the same problem with the pioneer radios. The pioneer radio's are 1.2 bluetooth certified.

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine Is a DEH-P7000BT

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue (no sound for streaming via BT). In addition, I also have no sound for my phone calls. Callers hear me fine, but I cannot hear them through the car stereo speakers. Pairing and registration works perfectly. I have the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD with the CD-BTB200 bluetooth module.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue. I just purchase the DEH-P7000BT by Pioneer. The only way I can get music from my phone to the car stereo is through the USB connect that I have for the IPOD. But, that disables the other phone capabilities since it thinks it's connected to a computer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will or Sarah,

I also have the Pioneer DEH-P7000BT and it does not play back BT audio from the Instinct. Calls work correctly and the device pairs just fine. Is there any update on this issue? Thank you.

~ Joshua

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sarah or Will

Will this be fixed in the upcoming update on 12/4.

Did you here from Dev about any fix or talk about a fix.

Please give some insight on this issue.

thats for all of your help with this and so many issue all of us have had with phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know if this will help but it does work great with my Sony xPLOD unit in my car. I just wanted someone to know it was working at all. I have had problems in the past with different phones that will not work properly with BT headsets even though they both support the same BT profiles. I found out that each manufacturer can implement the Bluetooth "stack" differently while still supporting all the features of a specific BT profile set, such as 1.1, 1.2, etc. This can mean the unit will not work at all for a specific profile feature (A2DP I'm guessing in your case) or the BT quality could be highly degraded but technically still work. It happened to me on another phone and after getting all the way to a Sanyo engineer, they said it could not be fixed without significant changes to the phone itself. Anyway, I have the Instinct now and it works great for every BT device I have so far. I hope your issue can be fixed. Good luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm also wondering where we're at with this. I just bought the Pioneer DEH-P7000BT and found this discussion when trying to figure out what is wrong. BT phone calls work fine, and the BT music links and controls the Instinct, but no sound comes through. You can connect the USB and receive/make a call by clicking the command button on the side before connecting the USB cable. After making a call though, the stereo switches to "N/A USB" and you have to reconnect the USB cable to get music going again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same stereo. I can not get the usb to connect. You have it working? Can you please elaborate a lil more?

I also see that people are havine the same issue with the pioneer but not the sony. hmmm.....I wonder what is the difference.???

Highlighted
Journeyman

What i didnt mention was that I have the htc hero. After eI responded to your post, I then realized Im in the samsung phone section. I started off in the HTC area. man.....what a mess 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat