Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Volume

Patron

Bluetooth Volume

I just switched to the instinct a few days ago its a great phone in every aspect but when I paried my platronic 520 to it the volume is very low even when I increase it to the max it is very very low I had the Palm Centro it was great with the volume as a matter of fact it was too loud I had to adjust it down will I need a bluetooth that sprint sell for that model or what.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Bluetooth Volume

We know that is an issue and have improved the volume for bluetooth.  This improvement will be in a maintenance release pushed to the phone in Julyh.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Would this be an update we could do ourselves, done automatically, or do we have to go into a Sprint store and have them install the update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This will be done for you as an upgrade to the phone with no involvement from you except to click "OK to Upgrade".

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just recently purchased my instinct. I have a platronic...

I just recently purchased my instinct. I have a platronic 520 as well and the volume stinks. i can barely hear it at all in the car. Is there anyway we can turn the volume up more?

Highlighted
Master

Re: I just recently purchased my instinct. I have a platronic...

@jeightball wrote:
I just recently purchased my instinct. I have a platronic 520 as well and the volume stinks. i can barely hear it at all in the car. Is there anyway we can turn the volume up more?

If you do the "Volume Mod" it helps.

Enter test mode from dialer by entering:
47*869#1235

Enter code 078, these seem to bevolume settings:

PCS HAND SPK 000
PCS HEAD SPK 120
PCS AHFK SPK 000
PCS SPKR SPK 120
PCS BTEM SPK 040
CEL HAND SPK 000
CEL HEAD SPK 120
CEL AHFK SPK 000
CEL SPKR SPK 120
CEL BTERM SPK 040

AHFK stands for Auto Hands Free Kit
Increasing it increases headphone volume.

The range on these values is 0 to 120

Volume up/down to move from one volume setting to the next, then type-in the new value and the Done button. Press # then 002 to get out.

It was first posted to fix the low bluetooth volume, I have mine all set at 120.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Another thing about Bluetooth volume on the Instinct...

To get max volume, you have to raise the volume on the earpiece,

AND on the handset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ya, it sucks hardcore when im using the bluetooth adter for my car stereo and i get a call so i have to raise the volume WAY up on my stereo to get it there but then when we hang up i forget to lower it and i automatically starts playing my music at full blast......

almost kills me. LOL

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat