cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser rocks?

Journeyman

Re: Browser rocks?


@sweet greggo wrote:

You can pour a bottle of perfume on a pile of crap, but it's still crap.

Where's the word wrap?

Where are the SCROLL BARS???

The browser is stable now, but it's still a major pain to use. The keyboard fix can't get here soon enough. My greatest fear though is the problem with Opera Mini 4 not loading a second time will remain.


Why would you want scroll bars when you can push the page around with your finger? I HATED having a touch screen windows mobile device with Pocket IE and having to turn my finger to get the finger nail right on the scroll bar to move itT/B or L/R The Instinct browsweris a MUCH better browser touch screen experience in my opinion.

I understand the word wrap thing.... but then all that does is just make the page longer to scroll down. i would much rather pan left and right when i need to vs having to always scrool 3 or 4 times as much top to bottom. I thought the mobile mode was to "wrap" stuff to fit your screen size, left to right. But maybe that isnt what you were looking for?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Browser rocks?


@Moth wrote:

@krische wrote:

Is it just me or does the 10x better browser almost seem like an understatement?

This thing flies compared to 1.0 and you real pages look like they should!


Understatement? Overstatement in my opinion. In my unbiased opinion, at most it's 3-4x faster. 10x faster would be equal to my computer's web browser on a dsl connection.


I think it also is a matter of what site you are loading/visiting as well as which coverage area you are in Rev 0 vs Rev A. Rev A is much faster than Rev 0. So you probably wont see the 10x unless you have Rev A coverage where you are browsing.

Patron

Re: Browser rocks?


@ilovetechnology wrote:

@Moth wrote:

@krische wrote:

Is it just me or does the 10x better browser almost seem like an understatement?

This thing flies compared to 1.0 and you real pages look like they should!


Understatement? Overstatement in my opinion. In my unbiased opinion, at most it's 3-4x faster. 10x faster would be equal to my computer's web browser on a dsl connection.


I think it also is a matter of what site you are loading/visiting as well as which coverage area you are in Rev 0 vs Rev A. Rev A is much faster than Rev 0. So you probably wont see the 10x unless you have Rev A coverage where you are browsing.

Hm, that's understandable.

Journeyman

Re: Browser rocks?


@ilovetechnology wrote:

I understand the word wrap thing.... but then all that does is just make the page longer to scroll down. i would much rather pan left and right when i need to vs having to always scrool 3 or 4 times as much top to bottom.


That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You're going to have to scroll up and down no matter what, and scrolling down a page is not the slightest bit inconvenient. There's no comparison between that and horizontal scrolling, which you have to do on every single line, and which makes browsing on this phone a chore.

I don't know if some of you have just lowered your expectations significantly, or just don't care about a real, usable browser, but this doesn't qualify, even after the update. I haven't noticed any speed difference, but enough people are that I'll believe that there is one. And the full screen is very nice. Fixing the crashing was absolutely necessary, so I don't give anyone a lot of credit for doing that. But the browser still has two very large problems. The inability to login to many sites, and the text not wrapping still make this browser more of a hassle to use than it should be. I don't see much hope that this will ever be genuinely usable, and I just hope they do someday get the keyboard working so I can use a browser that I don't have to make excuses for.

Master

Re: Browser rocks?


@sweet greggo wrote:

You can pour a bottle of perfume on a pile of crap, but it's still crap.

Where's the word wrap?

Where are the SCROLL BARS???

The browser is stable now, but it's still a major pain to use. The keyboard fix can't get here soon enough. My greatest fear though is the problem with Opera Mini 4 not loading a second time will remain.


I agree, the browser still doesn't feel as usable as Opera does on other phones. Sure the full screen is nice, I've noticed some improvement on speed, but it still feels about the same too me.


--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat