cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Report: HDMI OUT on the Instinct HD

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bug Report: HDMI OUT on the Instinct HD

I'm pretty sure it started after the last tv update.  What's basically happening is I'll be watching a movie on my hdtv via usb on my phone, and later, while at work or waiting for my scripts for my kid at the pharmacy I'll go in to watch a movie to pass the time, but when the movie starts to play it's blocked by the rewind, pause, and forward button on the screen, and it says I'm still hooked up to the HDMI out. This is a problem that doesn't fix itself until I get hooked back up to the hdmi out cord, start up a movie, and disconnect the cord again while the movie is playing.  If you guys could have the persons responsible for tweeking this phone check it out, that would be great...Thanks.  Doesn't happen all the time, but it's happened more than 6 times so far, and figured I'd share my experience.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Bug Report: HDMI OUT on the Instinct HD

Ok....playing a movie from a hdtv via hdmi out, when the movie ends, it goes back to the movie listing in the media folder. Most owners of this phone have the screen set to shut off at a certain time, at which time most people disconnect the hdmi cord....that's the problem.  If your screen shuts off for more than, say, 5 minutes and you disconnect the hdmi cord, later, when you go back in to watch a movie, the phone for some reason thinks it's still connected...I can reproduce this 100% of the time.  Imagine my surprise when l wanted to watch a movie and I see this mess in the way...sample pic.jpg

Notice any hdmi cable???  It says I'm connected...

Journeyman

Re: Bug Report: HDMI OUT on the Instinct HD

they  gave them away for a reason, such a shity phone it isnt even funny

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat