cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business customers can't use the instinct

Highlighted
Journeyman

Business customers can't use the instinct

Sprint should have investigated the needs of Business customers. It should be able to view attachments such as pdf and Excel files, it's closest competitor can. I'm looking for something to replace my Palm Treo, too bad the Instinct is not it.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman MDG
Journeyman

Re: Business customers can't use the instinct

The Instinct is not and never really has been marketed as a business PDA, but more as a multimedia/entertainment smart phone. You can save sent PDF files and download them to a computer, and you can read Word files as notes, but definitely not like you can with a Windows Mobile phone.  You may want to look into the new Treo 800W that is "rumored" to be out on July 13th?

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/7591/detailed-treo-800w-specs-revealed/    (for a full list of rumored specs....nothing official yet)

RevA?

GPS

WiFi

All your favorite Windows programs (editing included) and you can open PDF files

Corporate email/PopEmail

Not as slick looking as the Instinct, but definitely a Business powerhouse phone. The HTC Mogul, HTC Touch (touch screen) might also be worth a look if you are wanting to try something different then a Palm phone.

Journeyman

That's great and all, but I am not looking to necessarily edit excel files. Just view them, and of course pdf files.

Please get this added.

Journeyman

Just the fact that you can't hot sync with Outlook (calendar) is a deal breaker for business users. I think this phone was totally mis-represented as having at least the same features as iPhone and it doesn't. I was ready to buy 10 and had to walk out empty handed because of the calendar issue. It sucks because we were all looking forward to banishing our Treos. We hate them. Weneed the GPSfeature in a phone or we have to carry a separate device. We also need internet to access our own website. How hard would it have been to use MS Exchange to hot sync? This phone seemed like the answer but it was totally misrepresented. When will they actually ask their customers what is needed???????// Dumb move.

Journeyman

gumbeaux ... I agree 100%

gumbeaux ... I agree 100%

Journeyman

I give a another week or 2 I can not work with this phone...

I give a another week or 2 I can not work with this phone but I have to say it is a fun phone.. Then back to the HTC touch or something with WM The Samsung Omnia (SGH-i900) look to be a killer phone!

Journeyman

Agree. With this calendar I am better off keeping appoint...

Agree. With this calendar I am better off keeping appointments by writing on my shoe. Complex to enter meetings and appointments quickly, it will not book multiple day events and score/tag the following days, it only gives one view and that is just the days on the calendar with an underline mark for appointments. It won't even sync with their own proprietary software like the old palms. Cute phone for the teenagers but it needs teeth to be able to go to the office and function. I think it was designed for people avoiding work not for people that use it for work. Some great features, can't believe that it syncs with Outlook for contacts but left the calendar off. So close.

Journeyman

I agree. Just bought my Instinct today and frankly have b...

I agree. Just bought my Instinct today and frankly have been stunned by the lack of Calendar sync or any robust built in email application. This is a good toy for teenagers and completely non-business users. That is it. It is going back and now I have look for something to replace my Treo again. Sprint, your reps have no clue regarding what they are selling or they are just flat misrepresenting this phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat