cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar syncing one way?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Calendar syncing one way?

I am using the sprint desktop connector to sync my Outlook calendar. I get calendar entries on my phone from outlook. But entries I make on my phone never get to Outlook. Is the the expected behavior?

13 REPLIES 13
Wizard

Re: Calendar syncing one way?

Yeah, this is a known problem. I posted a work around at this link (3rd message down):

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=InstinctBugs&thread.id=23

Journeyman

No, this sounds like a different problem. Read it again, ccerose.

Wizard

Oh yeah. That is different.

Journeyman

Yeah this is indeed a different problem. Cal events stay...

Yeah this is indeed a different problem. Cal events stay on the phone but never make it from to phone to outlook....

Wizard

I have the same issue with events not getting to Outlook. I do not have my email set up through outlook though, which I believed to be the culprit as to why it never shows up on my Outlook, but have not tested this yet. I do however get events from google calendar to outlook to my phone....but not in reverse.

Do you have your email sent to outlook as well?

(I have google calendars synced to outlook and then desktop outlook through the desktop connector program to my Instinct. Since I don't want duplicate emails, I don't have my gmail account sent to my outlook, ergo my "work" email is empty on my Instinct.)

Journeyman

Sorry I took so long to respond. I do have an email accou...

Sorry I took so long to respond. I do have an email account set up in outlook. But I still do not get dates from my phone.

Journeyman

No help and/or ideas on this then?

No help and/or ideas on this then?

Wizard

Re: No help and/or ideas on this then?

We are seeing the same problem then. I assume that others are having this problem???

I doubt that we are high priority since we are not doing exactly what the OWA calendar was designed for.

Journeyman

can anyone tell me the path i use to syn my outlook calen...

can anyone tell me the path i use to syn my outlook calendar with my instinct? i am able to sync my contact list using the desktop application but what about my outlook calendar? thanks

Journeyman

My Exchange calendar is syncing both ways. After seeing the problem reported in this thread, I had to try it for myself. This afternoon I entered an event on my Exchange calendar on the Instinct and put the phone away. Tonight I logged on to my Exchange account and saw the event I had entered on my calendar on the desktop. The event is showing up on both the Instinct Exchange calendar and my Exchange desktop calendar.

Journeyman

I have deleted and recreated the account on the phone and...

I have deleted and recreated the account on the phone and in outlook. I guess my next step is to try re-installing the connector.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat