Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calender Repeat

Highlighted
Journeyman

Calender Repeat

Hey can someone shed some light on the calender. I want to repeat a event but when I put the repeat option it doesn't show up on the following day it should. More questions to come!

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Calender Repeat

Ya, i'm having the same issues with the Calendar, despite people saying it's working now on their phones. Maybe they're up in the night or they just couldn't figure it out before the update how to set it up, but it's definitely not working. I hope that once the second date arrives it just works, but who knows. Hopefully that will be addressed in the next update in August

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Calendar Repeat

I have seen this repeating event calendar problem posted in several places since the update and I originally thought that they had failed to fix it as well, however setting up a repeat works it is just not as intuitive aswe would prob like ... When you create an event and it asks you Start and End if gives you options for time and date as well. The event you are creating will only be created on the date you selected unless you change the end date (this date works like the repeat until date in Microsoft Outlook) then you set the days that it will repeat within that date range (every repeat will utilize the time range you have set) for example if creating event and the parameters are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm start Aug 1 2008 end Aug 31 2008, repeat on Mon, Wed, Fri that event will show up marked ever Mon Wed and Fri between Aug 1 and Aug 31 and when you select theoccurrence (which will be marked on the month view)it will be repeating form 9 to 5 on that day.

Hope this helps solve your problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

THANK YOU HARRISGW.....USER ERROR ON MY PART AND I AM **bleep**...

THANK YOU HARRISGW.....USER ERROR ON MY PART AND I AM ASSUMING EVERYONE ELSE!!!! I was not extending the "End Date". Ex. Appointment for today at 5 pm - 6pm would have a start and end date of Thu Jul 31, so it would not show up after today when i designate repeat "every day". Just a little different step than I am accustomed too thanks again for clearing that up...it is indeed a user error and Sprint has corrected it as stated

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: THANK YOU HARRISGW.....USER ERROR ON MY PART AND I AM **bleep**...

No problem I did the same thing like 6 times before I saw someone confirm that it worked and set myself to the task of figuring out how ... Glad to be of help

Highlighted
Patron

Re: Calendar Repeat

Thanks so much for this tip! It was driving me crazy not to see the days "highlighted" on "repeated events".

Highlighted
Journeyman

IT WORKS! Just as you said, not as intuituve as we'd like...

IT WORKS! Just as you said, not as intuituve as we'd like, or as simple as it could be. Now if we can just get them to offer more options within the repeat function, i.e. every other, every third, day, week, month, etc. And increase the storage alotted to the calendar beyond 70 entries. But it's a step in the right direction. Just unfortunate that it wasn't corrected before the release.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Calender Repeat

interesting. thanks for the info on how to do this.

however, it is not very good for entering birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

still think it needs to be fixed and set up properly.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat