Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calender not issuing alerts all of sudden

Journeyman

Calender not issuing alerts all of sudden

This is my first post and my calendar on my instinct was working fine and suddenly it stopped showing me alerts. Is anyone have issues with the calender. Did any recent updates break it up?

Thanks1

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

do you have any of your calendar events set to go off 10 min before the time you set it for? if so, i found that after the first upgrade of the instinct in july, the calendar events will not go off at the time requested unless you ONLY choose the 'on time' option.

Journeyman

Yes. I did read that somewhere but why or what broke it in first place? does sprint plan to fix this issue?

Journeyman

@CellLuvr08 wrote:
do you have any of your calendar events set to go off 10 min before the time you set it for? if so, i found that after the first upgrade of the instinct in july, the calendar events will not go off at the time requested unless you ONLY choose the 'on time' option.

I am having the same problem. Add to the list of unacceptable bugs in the phone!

Journeyman

If i try to change my alert to on time on my instinct and try to save, it gives a message invalid time and does not save it. So i have to delete the alert and create a new one with on time option.

Message Edited by aravindbabuv on 08-22-2008 02:01 PM

Sprint Product Ambassador

Just tested and 'On Time' does work fine.  The 10 minute warning does not appear to work. Just made three new events, each with 10 minute alarms.  One with no title, no ringer.  One with title, no ringer.  One with title and ringer assigned.

None of them alarmed.

I have notified the Dev team about this. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I spoke with a Sprint tech a couple weeks ago about no calendar reminder on my Instinct which worked beautifully when I first got it June 18th. He said this happened after the July 30th update. Sprint is aware of it and said they are very close to providing a fix for it. Of course, he wouldn't commit to a time period but reiterated it will be very soon. It really sucks that I am not being reminded of my appointments. I missed one the other day!

Journeyman

yea mine was doing that too, sprint gave me a treo 800w for it and all the other problems.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat