Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Quality & Reception

Highlighted
Journeyman

Call Quality & Reception

I'm super curious about Call Quality and Reception with Sprint. (specifically in Los Angeles/Valley areas).

I'm considering switching to sprint from verizon for this phone and great plans.

Verizon has really great reception in L.A. but they nickel and dime!

Can anyone throw in their two cents on call quality with the Instinct?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had excellent reception and call quality with the Instinct. I live in Denver, Co so I know that may not help with your questions about the LA area, but in Denver my calls sound great.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I asked one of my friends with Sprint, and he says that hes never been anywhere with no reception in LA.

Highlighted
Patron

At my work and my house the phone fluctuates between zero and 4 bars sporadically. Never had any issues with signal strength on my treo but I'm going back to the store tomorrow if it continues. Not sure if I got a bad instinct. Anyone else having the same problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

THis phone has no problem with reception. In all areas there is always places where reception is weak, and this goes for every company. At my job I have a lot of spots, but its the area, however, its not a show stopper. The phone does not seem to have problems with reception.

Highlighted
Patron

My fluctuation doesn't occur while walking around the office. It's while I'm sitting at my desk looking at my new phone and it's not moving.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My reception is awful. The only time I have 3 or more bars is when I'm outside. Any time I'm in a building my Instinct cuts out a lot. I'm in Indiana but I didn't have these issues with my old phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I used to live in LA about a year ago and I never had any problems with reception on any of my phones.

I did notice when I got my first EVDO phone that the reception used to fluctuate a lot when the phone wasn't in use but when I made a call or used data the reception would jump up. I don't know why but it seems like the phones boost the power output to improve reception once you make a call or use data. Also, you get different reception whether you're on 3G or 2G coverage as well.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat