ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Waiting Makes Beeping Sound But Does Not Show up on Screen!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Call Waiting Makes Beeping Sound But Does Not Show up on Screen!!!

When I am on a call and another call comes in the phone will make the standard call waiting beep, but when I look at the screen, it will not show any indication of another call coming in. There is no way of knowing who's calling and there is no way of answering the call! This is happening to myself and 3 other people I know that have the Instinct. Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

I have the same issue and it sucks... I hope a fix is goi...

I have the same issue and it sucks... I hope a fix is going to be available soon to resolve this issue because I need to know to hang up and take another call because it has priority over the person I'm talking too.

Journeyman

I had a simliar issue with my phone. Its only when I am u...

I had a simliar issue with my phone. Its only when I am using the headset and I second call comes in, I get the green speakerphone icon and I dont get caller information. When I dont use the headset, I can see the caller info and can answer/ignore the call. I called customer service and they were useless. I eventually took the phone into a service center and the tech was able to determine that if you want to get the second call, using the wired headset, quickly tap the switch button on the headset and that answers the call. If you hold down the button, that will send the call to voicemail. I hope that helps. I wish we can have the ability to send a message back to the caller when we choose ignore to indicate..on the phone, call you back or a custom message. But I dont think any phone does that now. Hopefully there will be a change with a future update.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem and yes it does suck. They a...

I am having the same problem and yes it does suck. They are gonna have to fix it or I am returning the phone.

Journeyman

Same thing here - called the support, got a clueless pers...

Same thing here - called the support, got a clueless person holding me for about 30 minutes and nothing! This lack of functionality will certainly make me return the phone if not fixed very soon! This is 21st century, had this on my free Sprint phone before for years. Only a problem when using earphones that came with the phone, if talking directly on the phone, you will get the caller ID info displayed as expected. Still, get in hi gear Sprint devs and fix this darn issue plz!

Journeyman

WOW, i was just talking on my provided headset and this h...

WOW, i was just talking on my provided headset and this happened, i was extremely upset. I came to sprint from an iphone, everything else about sprints network and the phone i love but this is a MAJOR flaw, something i would return the phone for, you should really be able to see when a call comes through.

Journeyman

this is not the first phone to have that problem, I had i...

this is not the first phone to have that problem, I had it all the time with my treo and htc touch. the manufacture's never gave an update for those, so return the phone if you dont like it. The Instinct isn't for everyone.

Journeyman

OKAY awesome!! i called sprint technical support today, t...

OKAY awesome!! i called sprint technical support today, they took care of everything!! i can now talk on the headset and caller id works perfect as well as while im texting and everything, other than waiting on hold for 15 minutes, they were awesome i would recommend anyone experiencing this problem to call technical support, they will take care of you!!! im very happy with the phone now... zero complaints and do not regret one bit trading my iphone in for this thing!

Journeyman

I am still having this issue. Is anybody else still exper...

I am still having this issue. Is anybody else still experiencing this post MR4? This just happened to me again today and it is very annoying. I use my phone for business and need to know who is calling.

Journeyman

Re: I am still having this issue. Is anybody else still exper...

Yes, this is still very much an issue. I had this very same problem just the other day and the only solution I could come up with was to turn the phone off, remove the battery, replace it and turn it back on again. I missed about 6 phone calls because of this. The phone just freezes up and I can't do anything, but continue to talk to the person I was having a conversation with in the first place.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat