cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I connect my sprint internet connection to my computer via INSTINCT?

Journeyman

Can I connect my sprint internet connection to my computer via INSTINCT?

I have a sprint Sierra Wireless Internet Card. I want to change my internet card to the new and powerful INSTINC. Can I connect my sprint internet connection to my computer via INSTINCT?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Can I connect my sprint internet connection to my computer via INSTINCT?

Sprint will tell you that using the Instinct as a Phone as a Modem is not supported.  Not speaking for Sprint, I have heard of some 'hacks' that make it work.  However, you risk having your account terminated or additional fees and charges applied if you use these 'hacks'.

Journeyman

There may be a how-to around here somewhere, but here is one on a different site.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173680

However, if you already have a card, it's probably not worth the hassle and risk. This is more something to use in a pinch.

Message Edited by Blubble on 10-23-2008 10:27 AM

Journeyman

The weird thing is that the setup CD that came with mine actually has a setup option to install software for using it as a modem. I didn't install it since I don't really have a need to use it that way, but it seems odd to include that if they forbid using it in that fashion.

Journeyman

Yes you can but you have to pay for a phone as modem pack...

Yes you can but you have to pay for a phone as modem package

that is what a sprint Rep told me when i called and asked after about five minutes of explaining and finally a supervisor said

not to do it or i would be charged per K of info i pulled in and for a phone as modem package or something.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.