cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Instinct contacts be transferred to Hero?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can Instinct contacts be transferred to Hero?

Does anybody know if Instinct contacts can be transferred to Hero without losing any information?  By this I mean will items such as the notes section and contact photo transfer as well as the name, address, etc. without having to do some type of workaround?

TIA.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Can Instinct contacts be transferred to Hero?

iluvmyinstinct wrote:

Does anybody know if Instinct contacts can be transferred to Hero without losing any information?  By this I mean will items such as the notes section and contact photo transfer as well as the name, address, etc. without having to do some type of workaround?

TIA.

I don't have an answer to your question exactly, but what I started doing is putting all my contacts into my gmail slowly over time. As the Hero syncs seamlessly with Gmail contacts when you first power up the phone.  It didn't take that long, but it will be the last time I have to do that as every phone from now on will have google contact sync ability....at least that I will buy.

You can export all your contacts from the Sprint Mobile Sync (top of page, export as .csv).  Then you can log into your gmail account (if you don't have one, get one because you will need it for the Hero) and then import your contacts into Gmail (Contacts, then upper right hand says import and choose .csv).  This will populate your contacts in Gmail.  You might have to clean some of them up, as I had to, but it works pretty well.  I don't think that Sprint Mobile Sync will work with the Hero just because Hero has such deep integration with Google and Gmail contacts.  Which is probably better because Gmail does a good job with contacts.....here is another good thing, the Google contacts two way sync from your phone to Gmail and from Gmail to your phone (if you select that option) sort of like the Sprint Mobile Sync, but it is google, so it works much easier.

The Hero will also sync with your Outlook contacts if you are a businessy person that using OWA.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks so much!  Gmail is my primary choice for email provider.  If all I have to do is update my contacts there, then I'm good to go.  I knew how to download my contacts from Sprint Mobile Sync, but I didn't know that they could be uploaded into Gmail!  I appreciate your instructions on this.

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh wow, thanks for that info. I was wondering if the Hero would have mobile sync like the Instinct. I'll just back 'em up to my google account then.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can Instinct contacts be transferred to EVO HTC

Yes you can easily transfer using your bluetooth option Its alot easire than other posted options.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat