cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anybody open this pdf file, or is there a way to open it at all??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can anybody open this pdf file, or is there a way to open it at all??

The link is just for a bus schedule I use alot, and I tried using the instinct gmail program, and it cannot open it, and then I tried using bolt's browser to go to gmail.com (the new 3rd party internet broswer) and it can kinda open it, but it is so messy and you cannot read anything, so then I tried the opera mini broswer, it can't even open it at all and my phone froze.....and I tried then just going to the following link on all the browsers as well, and a no go on any of them. :-(

help?

http://www.portauthority.org/PAAC/apps/pdfs/71C.pdf

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Can anybody open this pdf file, or is there a way to open it at all??

opens fine in firefox.

Journeyman

I wrote something yesterday but it didn't post. This vers...

I wrote something yesterday but it didn't post. This version will be considerably shorter in length, but it's probably for the best. Wiith that being said...

I couldn't get it to open in any browser on my phone nor when I downloaded it to my computer, and then e-mailed it to my phone. This suggests to me it is an older pdf than before the MR-4 update - so it may not be previewable as is.

One suggestion is to download a 30 day trial of Adobe Acrobat Pro to your computer, also download the pdf above, and then convert it to a newer pdf version. Next, e-mail it to yourself (using an e-mail account you have access to on your phone) and open it on your phone and see if you can view it then.

I don't see it working any other way because it's probably an issue on the port authority's side of things, rather than an Instinct. I may be wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me if so, but that's my interpretation/suggestion. Sorry for the inconvenience of all this and let us know if it works.

Journeyman

Re: I wrote something yesterday but it didn't post. This vers...

how do you convert it from the old to the new version? I downloaded the trial version of pro.

Patron

Try using Opera mini. I have been able to open a .pdf wit...

Try using Opera mini. I have been able to open a .pdf with it.

Journeyman

Re: Try using Opera mini. I have been able to open a .pdf wit...

i tried using opera mini, but it still would not work and im trying to figure out how to convert it to the new pdf. do you just do save as and just save it or what do u do? there are alot of pdf formats to save it under?

Journeyman

To change the version click on Document|Reduce File Size and choose the version you want.

Journeyman

I did that and tried every version possible from 4-9, and it gave me either an error that said "unsopported file type" or "cannot open file"

i swear its just a normal pdf? I changed the version and still no go...what other options do i have? :-(

Journeyman

The different versions you tried saving was what I was su...

The different versions you tried saving was what I was suggesting to do, so it sounds like that didn't work. Try saving it as a .jpg file. You should be able to read it on the phone then

Journeyman

Re: The different versions you tried saving was what I was su...

ok so I tried the jpg thing, but it will wont open, it says the dimensions are too big??

sigh i didn't realize opening one simple pdf would be such a hassle (well none of the pdf's work)

Journeyman

Re: The different versions you tried saving was what I was su...

My first attempt was to resize the pdf to 8.5 x 11. That didn't work. I exported to .jpg using a resolution of 72 dpi and that worked.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat