cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone say any good things about the Instinct?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can someone say any good things about the Instinct?

I am leaving T-Mobile. I have the blackberry curve from them and I love the curve but, T-mobile doesn't have enought of the fun stuff right now. I need a change. With all the negative talk about the Instinct, I am very leary right and an I am wondering if I should just stay with the curve but the Sprint version. Some help please.

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can someone say any good things about the Instinct?

If you enjoy using the internet, stick with the curve, don't get the Instinct.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Stick with the Curve. There are more negatives than positives with the Instinct. In fact if you read around the forums you will see alot of people have went from the Instinct to the Curve.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I love me instinct :-0

LOL I know that's a bad word but its true I have had tons of phones and I have to say I love this one the best...

I use a ton of GPS, music store, phone of course... and the web some...

It really depends on what you want..

Its a Great phone now, even better after a couple more updates

Highlighted
Journeyman

It depends on what you expect out of your phone. If you a...

It depends on what you expect out of your phone. If you are looking for the iPhone experience and then some - you are not going to get it out of the Instinct - at least not before the updates are finished and a few things are fixed. You will get a pretty cool media device that allows you to watch TV and navigate about town. You will not get support for opening files from your email (.pdf and such).
There are a lot of negative comments here so you will have to decide what you need a phone to do in order to make a good decision. If you are a business user, stay away for now. You will have no calendar, online or otherwise with the current programming - the phone is not able to sync with outlook or even google calendar. You can view google calendar but will not be able to make any changes until next to a computer. If you just want a cool looking phone that IS fun to play with and needs a lot of work to be perfect - go grab ya one of these here bundles of joy. And I hope you get, as sweet greggo refers to mine, a GOLDEN phone. I suffer very few of the problems a lot of the other forum posters have - and I feel fortunate.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: moth wrote: You choose NOW to leave T-Mobile? ARE YOU KID...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its got a great Navigation system in it. And the voicemai...

Its got a great Navigation system in it. And the voicemail access is very good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@chiltony wrote:
I am leaving T-Mobile. I have the blackberry curve from them and I love the curve but, T-mobile doesn't have enought of the fun stuff right now. I need a change. With all the negative talk about the Instinct, I am very leary right and an I am wondering if I should just stay with the curve but the Sprint version. Some help please.

I would say wait a month or two.If you wait another month, you can actually try the Sprint Instinct phone after some of the issues are resolved with the updates so you will have a better experience then. Also, T-mobile is coming out with the first Google (android) phone! Some Instinct users will switch to this Google phone. So you might want to try this phone in a store as well.

Keep in mind that T-mobile's 3G coverage isn't as good as Sprint's and while they have recently expanded their coverage, Sprint is far ahead. Also, Sprint has great rates. And it is expected that Sprint might have it's own Google Android phone by the end of this year. You will have more choices if you can hang in there for another month or two.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the instinct doesnt have that much "fun stuff" ether. i'd just wait it out see if they fix the problems before you get it. the most fun you can get of this phone right now is gps, at times good music player, live search, news and sports scores. not that many games or apps if thats what your looking for. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL CHANGE SOON!! lol

Highlighted
Patron

I think you should do you homework on any phone and decide what you want for yourself. You hear a lot of negative things on this forum since this is the only forum watched by Sprint. Also, look around other forums as part of your research and find out what need know about the Instinct before trying it out. Aside from 30 games, there's also a way to read ebooks, a dictionary, scientific calculator and other apps available.

Highlighted
Patron

Highlighted
Patron

You choose NOW to leave T-Mobile? ARE YOU KIDDING?! The first Android phone marked G1 is about to come out exclusively for T-Mobile in about a month and you choose the Instinct?! A phone (or platform) that can easily trump the iPhone? Wow. If you do choose the Instinct, I am 99.9% sure that you'll regret it. I've had the phone for 2 months and I regret ever buying it. I am now going to pay 400$ (well, and then some) to quit Sprint (200$) and get the Android phone from T-Mobile (200$). If you want to go with Sprint, get the Touch Diamond, or if you're really serious about business, the Touch Pro, but do NOT get the Instinct unless you don't really use phones that much and just want a touch screen that's mediocre.

P.S., Oh right, the positive. Well, the Instinct can be bought for 130$ at Best Buy without the hassle of the mail-in rebate stuff. Other than that, I have not ever regretted anything more in my life. This phone is horrible and I will never trust Sprint or Samsung again.

Message Edited by Moth on 09-22-2008 01:28 AM

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat