cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to work e-mail. Using outlook exchange 2003

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't connect to work e-mail. Using outlook exchange 2003

after going through the the set up procedure, enter address, user name and password, phone tries to import 25 emails but I get a message that reads " This product version is not available for purchase on this device". Advanced Tech Support told me that marketing said the phone would support outlook exchange but in fact it does not and neither Sprint or Samsung have plans to make it work. I have returned the phone and am planning to purchase a IPhone after July 11.

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Cannot connect to Work email... Apparently you are suppos...

Cannot connect to Work email... Apparently you are supposed to be able to access your work email if your Exchange server allows Outlook Web Access (OWA) which the Instinct is supposed to do. However, like most things on the Instinct I have found, it doesn't work. Continually says their is a network problem or the server won't answer. I got my IT Exchange guru to check it out... he says the phone doesn't work!!! Back to square one... the only email I have got to work properly is Hotmail...

Journeyman

I have set up work email using OWA and it works just fine...

I have set up work email using OWA and it works just fine. Are you sure you are entering the correct server address and the right credentials?

Journeyman

Re: I have set up work email using OWA and it works just fine...

@mattvalenz wrote:
I have set up work email using OWA and it works just fine. Are you sure you are entering the correct server address and the right credentials?

Mine is working fine, too. It could indeed be the correct server address that's causing the problems.

Journeyman

just purchased this new technology with six more co-worke...

just purchased this new technology with six more co-workers. I am unable to set up the Owa email from the Army with this cel phone. I did the same configuration with HTC Mosul, HTC Touch and Palm Treo cel phones and worked perfectly fine. But with this celular is not. Please advise what to do before I join 3 of my friends that already returned the phone. THANKS

Journeyman

I was able to connect to my work emal thru the owa and it...

I was able to connect to my work emal thru the owa and it worked fine until yesterday. Now it won't work at all. I get error s7118. I checked with my IT dept and they said it should work though they don't support it. I have tried all the suggested remedies; turned the phone on, updated the data profile, checked for new software. I deleted the e-mail box and now I can't even get it to install again.

Journeyman

I get that too, but my company does support it.. freaking...

I get that too, but my company does support it.. freaking MSFT for pete sake.. lol. For those on this chain that said thier OWA does work.. can you help me out? I have tried with domain, with out, double checked the OWA on my computer, on three computers and 2 different networks, tried all server name formats etc. anyone have insite? cause the first pop up i get is that it cant find the certificate" and then I click ok and then it gives me that stupid user name and password error.

Journeyman

Re: just purchased this new technology with six more co-worke...

I have the same problem. I've tried OWA, POP3, IMAP4 and can't get to AKO mail. I get the S7118 username/password error.

Journeyman

More than likely going to leave sprint because the vender site stopped

my bonus because I transferred an airave call to the airave support site

after fixing the phones on the account. So I am deleting my postings.

Message Edited by Threestepps on 12-29-2008 01:58 PM

Journeyman

I have the same problem. I've tried OWA, POP3, IMAP4 and can't get to AKO mail. I get the S7118 username/password error.

Right there with ya man... It's a *bleep* shame when Sprint Admins on here tell you to check your other mail via Gmail. I even went so far as to contact Seven who made the email app for the phone and he gave me the basics make sure you got your correct pop/smtp and username/password. I know the info is right... heck, I was the one who set up our MX records for our domain and I am pretty freaking certain I know my username and password. No matter what I do, it will not check from my phone.

What's the point of having Work and Other POP when they barely work... I know a few people that have gotten Work to work, but Other POP is pointless. I had no problems checking my work mail from other phones, but the Instinct just errors out constantly. Same error S7118!

Journeyman

And my friend with the iPhone keeps trying to help me because it works great on the iPhone.

Journeyman

The email service worked great in the beginning when Instinct was released. Now it works sometimes and doesn't work at other times. There are a number of issues. One is that the email application loses network connectivity and times out (this can be resolved at least temporarily by restarting the phone). The other possible issues could be that Seven's (or Sprint's?) servers are overwhelmed by the Instinct's users...

For example,Instinct's Pocket Express application overwhelmed the servers of Handmark:

http://instinctbookmarks.blogspot.com/2008/07/instinct-customers-are-heavy-users-of.html

I haven't seen any public release from Seven or Sprint regarding the Instinct's intermittent email issues but if you see error S7112, you could try these:

http://instinctbookmarks.blogspot.com/2008/07/how-to-resolve-s7112-error-on-instincts.html

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat