cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you setup an automated greeting (instead of your own voice) with the Instinct?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you setup an automated greeting (instead of your own voice) with the Instinct?

Something I liked about virtually every other sprint phone is you can have Sprint just play your number, let them know you're not available and to leave a message. Basic and to the point.

It doesn't seem like there's any option like that with the Instinct? Seems you are pretty much FORCED to enter your own greeting.

Anyone know if you can use sprint's automated greeting for voice mail?

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Can you setup an automated greeting (instead of your own voice) with the Instinct?

Sorry, but you can not. Not yet anyway. I called customer service when I was initially setting up my voicemail, and they said it was not currently not possible. Shame because I liked that feature as well. Hopefully it will be available in an update.

Journeyman

Re: Can you setup an automated greeting (instead of your own voice) with the Instinct?

I haven't actually tried this, but when you call your voicemail from your phone, from the main menu press 3 for greetings, and then 7 is supposed to delete your active greeting. If you have recorded your name, I assume this will probably change to a standard greeting that uses your name. But you can also delete your name. From the main menu press 4 for personal options, then press 4 for personal preferences, then press 3 for recorded name, then press 3 to delete your name. I would think doing this will revert back to the standard greeting where it just says your phone number. I don't want to delete my greeting or name and have to rerecord them, so if someone else wants to try and post their results that would be great.

Message Edited by JeepJay on 07-21-2008 10:22 PM

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat