cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character limits and texting

Highlighted
Journeyman

Character limits and texting

PLEASE PLEASE fix this...Please Why isn't the Instinct able to either Automatically send text messages that exceed 160 characters as multiple messages?, OR AT LEAST allow user to save multiple drafts per recipient. On my A900, the 160 limit was hugely annoying, but at least I could break up what I was trying to send someone into multiple messages and save them as drafts, then send them one after the other in quick succession. Apparently, the Instinct only allows 1 draft per recipient ,and a recipient must be indicated prior to message composition. So, I have to start my message, send, continue composing, send, continue composing, send, etc etc until I get my message through. Not only is the lag time between messages, as I feverishly compose the next 160 character block of text, annoying to the recipient, it's disruptive to my train of thought. All in all, the Instinct's text capabilities, or lack thereof, seem designed specifically to make me look stupid and inarticulate

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Master

<blockquote><hr>Damien wrote:<br><blockquote><hr>webstem wrote:</blockquote><blockquote><p>This 1000 character limit may be changed someday by Sprint but it works for now.</p><hr></blockquote><p>This only works if the person that you are sending it to has Pic Messaging.</p><hr></blockquote><p>Same thing goes for email enabled phone. :)</p>

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well it's time for all those people with old outdated phones to upgrade to ones that receive email. Just like at one time they had to upgrade their computers to get email. I say leave text for the small stuff as was intended. Because having your message broken up into pieces is kinda lame too, don't you think?. I mean YOU might have an unlimited texting plan, but that doesn't mean the person on the other end has that. Not to mention the choppiness of a conversation. Would you want to read the message boards here like that? I don't think so. If it's long, I rather see the whole thing in an email. It just makes more sense.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat