cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check your Bill - Visual VoiceMail uses Call Forwarding

Highlighted
Patron

Check your Bill - Visual VoiceMail uses Call Forwarding

Check your bills carefully for your 1st month with the Samsung Instinct. I only had 6 days on my last bill but had 20 minutes of "call forwarding" charges. This is a feature I never use and after talking to 2 reps it was explained that the Visual Voicemail was being incorrectly billed. The charges were adjusted so check your bills carefully.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

@AZAaronBoy wrote:
Check your bills carefully for your 1st month with the Samsung Instinct. I only had 6 days on my last bill but had 20 minutes of "call forwarding" charges. This is a feature I never use and after talking to 2 reps it was explained that the Visual Voicemail was being incorrectly billed. The charges were adjusted so check your bills carefully.

Yup....If you would have used a 3rd party visual voicemail program. those charges would have been valid...but, the native visual voicemail software for Instinct should be correctly billed with no CF charges...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the tip! I'm about to get my first bill with the Instinct in a week or so. I will keep my eyes open.

Highlighted
Patron

Can we disable the visual voicemail, I don't like it that much anyway.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got my first bill today under the Simply Everything Plan with my Instinct. Fortunately, there were no call forwarding charges on visual voicemail.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I didnt get any visual voicemail/call frwdingcharges but the rep. i spoke with was confused as to how i was charged for multimedia messages so she credited those back

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recently got my bill for the Instinct and it had $75 dollars worth of data charges on it. Oddly enough, this was not on the paper bill they sent me. I tracked it down by logging into my Sprint account online. Customer Service was very helpful and took it off my bill when I called.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@MzFire wrote:
Can we disable the visual voicemail, I don't like it that much anyway.

Strange.. I think most people like Visual Voicemail.

I suppose you can try this:

Call 408-970-0000 from your Instinct. Select Option 1. From now on, you will just get a text message if you get VoiceSMS or Voicemail.

I don't think you'll like this though. Well, if you change your mind, you can call the number again next time you get a voicemail and select option 2 to continue getting your VoiceSMS/Voicemail normally.

Message Edited by c4400 on 07-21-2008 12:22 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

How is the "checking" of visual voicemail billed anyhow? I know that with my old phone, when I called my voicemail, I woulc be charged a per/min based on how long I was in the call. Do we get charged off our minutes when we check visual voicemail? If it does come off our minutes, are we getting charged a min for each message we check?

Highlighted
Patron

it is strange. it might have a lot to do with Visual Voicemail working on the Nextel side

Highlighted
Journeyman

@cjburgos83 wrote:
it is strange. it might have a lot to do with Visual Voicemail working on the Nextel side

Why do you keep saying this everywhere? This phone has NO iDEN capabilites.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your voicemail is downloaded over SPRINT's CDMA datanetwork before you're even alerted that there is a new voicemail. It's stored on your phone as a sound file. You just play it. There's no charges or calling necessary. You have unlimited data transfer with Instinct.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat