cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments about the new update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Comments about the new update?

Is it everything its cracked up to be? Mine is still downloading so I cannot comment yet. If anyone notices anything new please post it here.....

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

@ccalcut wrote:
Wasn't there supposed to be an update for email and exchange servers?

I guess that depends on what you mean by "supposed to be". The only thing that we were told was that there would be an update for the browser. Obviously not all of the many, many problems can be solved with only one update. There will probably be another update in a few months that may resolve a few other problems.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow the browser in my opinion is much better before i could not even move around on web pages now its smooth and super easy to navigate around. No more pop ups saying do you still want to load page it will load slow nonsense. But anything else i have not seen different.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I must agree; the browser is a remarkable improvement. For me, the ability to use the browser was "the straw" that was going to be the breaking point for moving on. Living in NYC, I frequently would check mta.info from my A900 and sort through the display mess to find a subway service alert. The Instinct wouldn't even load it, which I am more than pleased to say now does.

So, I'm happy with my Instinct finally, and look forward to reading the NY Times when above ground on my next subway ride.

Though I have to say, it will without a doubt be the *last* time I buy any phone from Sprint before it's been on the market for a few months, hyped up or not.

Highlighted
Patron

Damien; wish I would've read your post and backed up all my bookmarks prior to downloading-now they're gone. Sure do wish Sprint wouldv'e communicated that to us when they posted about the update going live. So far, I don't really notice alot of difference in browser speed per say, but most sites I checked I can access now as where I couldn't before. And the full screen view of web pages is cool. Anyone else notice anything new, improved or just different? Drop us all a line. It would be nice to know exactly what the 249 fixes addressed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update on my phone took a couple of minutes and another couple to do the install, no problems, however, I'm a little disapointed, they didn't add an option to CLEAR the RECENT LIST of messages sent

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does the new update fix the problem with text not wrapping to fit the display screen?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not impressed with update. The issue of screen flashing then freezing and sending you to speed dial screen when using web browser REMAINS! I am, however, grateful for the attempt.Still test driving the remaining updates. Will let ya know more later.

Journeyman

No, it doesn't. This update so far only seems slightly less worthless than the last one. There were three major problems for me with the browser before, the crashing on certain sites, the inability to login to half the sites I use, and the ridiculous scrolling required to read anything. The first seems to be fixed, the others still exist. This is really disappointing. I was not one of these people considering returning the phone, but I'm beginning to rethink that. It's obvious that Sprint or Samsung or whoever has no intention of making the web browser actually usuable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Browser - Much improved. Sites render more quickly once all the data arrives. But.. download speeds are still pretty slow for EVDO Rev A. Some lag when scrolling by touch. No crashes (yet). Had to rebuild my bookmarks. The default font is a bit small for my eyes, but it was like that before.

TV - No improvement. Lots of pixelation, voice/picture out of sync. Poor to at times unusable.If this app wasn't included in the update it should be the next item on the developers' list.

Keyboard - More responsive. A lot less lag when typing (tapping?) quickly.

Radio - Dare I say audio quality is improved. Doesn't drop in and out from stereo to mono to stereo like before.

Highlighted
Journeyman

for whats its worth. im glad to those that decided to keep the instinct and wait for updates/fixes finally got something. i have been reading good feedbacks from you guys. congrats to the patient ones. i exchanged my instinct about 1 month ago for a curve. even after the update im still sold on my curve. wont trade this thing for nothing right now. but anyways im happy for you guys. congrats.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have only noticed two improvements, all the calender alerts now work, and so does my ringer for voicemail, it now uses the one assigned to it instead of the one for text.

TV and browser still exactly the same, still can't even get anywhere on this site. I do have the bigger web screen, but I noticed you can't really zoom anymore, the 2x is not big anymore. WHY??

Highlighted
Journeyman

I spake too soon.... Trying to load usatoday.com from the Instinct's home page just crashed my updated browser. BOO HISS!!!!

And, it doesn't remember my having logged in to a website, I had to re-login again the next time I loaded it (www.wunderground.com)

Message Edited by noshooz on 09-24-2008 09:55 PM

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat