cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Opera to not dial

Master

Configure Opera to not dial

While using opera have you ever had it think that the number links are a phone number and dials when you choose one, Well I found this on another forum.

when u open Opera type in "opera:config" without quotes, this will bring up a config page. One option will be to dial when it thinks there are enough numbers for a phone, select off. NO MORE Dialing!!!

It's under Phonenumber Detection; Should text that looks like phone numbers be converted to phonenumber links? Yes/No

Thanks to TransformerX

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Configure Opera to not dial

I have had it do that to me too. I think it should only dial number that are in the correct format like (555)555-5555. But it's still a better web browser.

Highlighted
Journeyman

sweet didnt know that! cant remeber ever using that feature anyways so i turned it off.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Levi4u wrote:

While using opera have you ever had it think that the number links are a phone number and dials when you choose one, Well I found this on another forum.

when u open Opera type in "opera:config" without quotes, this will bring up a config page. One option will be to dial when it thinks there are enough numbers for a phone, select off. NO MORE Dialing!!!

It's under Phonenumber Detection; Should text that looks like phone numbers be converted to phonenumber links? Yes/No

Thanks to TransformerX

Just a thought. But rather than just disable it there is another config option underneath Phonenumber detection. This option is minimum phone number length. The default for this is 5 so any 5 digit (or longer) string will be treated as a Tel number. If you increase this to the max allowable value (9), then this will help reduce the number of false positives and make the feature more useful (i.e. a string of 9 or more numbers is more likely to be a tel number).

PP

Message Edited by Pasadenapirate on 02-12-2009 04:48 PM

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat