cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacts - Sync w/computer or Phone - Samsung Instinct

Highlighted
Patron

I know my phone is old but I need it to work.

I have a Samsung Instinct cell phone and I have been unable to sync contacts to either website or phone for now going on 2 months. I know I have contacted support and their working on it but maybe someone out there can help.

When I go to Mobile Sync on phone it consistently tells me that "

ERROR MESSAGE: Your Sprint Mobile Sync choice is being registered. This may take a few minutes. Please check back later". I have done this on almost a daily basis for over a month. I do not get to activation screen or anything.

So, I go into my Sprint on web and look at contacts and push them or sync now. I have REBOOTED phone, I have DELETED and RESET phone but it will not work. In fact ever since I started having problem with sync issue I can not even IMPORT a newer version of my contacts from OUTLOOK.

Sprint tells me it is an software issue on their part but I missed this function being an OUTLOOK junkie. I mean, this is the only way you can import contacts unless you manually do each one.

I know it's not rocket science for this simple of a shotware program. I have talked with other Samsung Instinct users and it seems their having some issue's but not the same as mine.

PLEASE FIX IT of someone make a reasonable suggestion.

bubba

Samsung - Instinct - Mobile Sync - Outlook

9 REPLIES 9
Master

I will private message you to try to get your issue resolved.  Please check your PM inbox.

Patron

As of 6/21/2011 - Some GOOD answers for most of my problems..

Just as of yesterday after almost 2+ months of fighting this technical support person was able to go into voice mail, manual entry and enter some #* plus a bunch of numbers and reactivate/clear out mobile sync to make it work. I probably should have written down information but was too happy to get that much. I am NOT a computer or cell phone wizard but I knew there was something that could be done it was just finding the right person with patience to find this answer.

I am still having issues with these 2 areas. I can not IMPORT my CSV file into Sprint Network (my contacts) and their desktop sync still does not work to this date and time. I can make changes or additions on phone or network and it transfers them back and forth at this time. I think some of this needs posted to an open forum so people can see that problem above was solved. THANKS

Journeyman

I also have similar problem and Sprint has no solution.

Raj P.

Patron

All is working well on my end except for their desktop sync program. If you go back and read my post I think I have it pretty detailed as to what mine was doing and Sprint can fix that much of it to where you can import contacts. On importing your contacts you can only do about 10 to 20 at a time. I just created another address book or contact list in outlook and when I add someone new I copy to that contact list, export them and then import them through Sprints web site.

Good luck

Journeyman

Sprint Trender does not work with the Address Book Sync.

I spent two hours with my new phone getting addresses put into their suggested CSV format and uploaded.

Now they tell me the Trender does not work.

Then why the heck are they promoting it on my personal Sprint phone web page?  Don't show me software for my phone and then tell me it does not work.

Sprint, you owe me $ 300 for my wasted time.

Journeyman

Can U inbox me the info as well to funnymaine@gmail.com??? I am having the EXACT same issue as the gentleman in this post

Journeyman

I'm having this exact same problem right now!!!!!

Journeyman

I have the same phone & have had several problems with it as well. The social media networking sites worked for 60 days then stopped working. Sprint said they are no longer offering the social media networking apps on this phone (which is why I bought it in the first place) Now I'm stuck with a bunk phone which they won't let me return or swap for one which actually works as promised. After a 1 hour call to Sprint customer service today, I have decided to switch providers because of the issues with this phone. 😞

Patron

Re: Contacts - Sync w/computer or Phone - Samsung Instinct

I feel sure that many are or got as frustrated as I had while dealing with this issue. After about 6 to 7 months of an on going sync issue this is what I have done. First let me state that I did have a few good sync's about 4 to 6 weeks ago but started having problems with things being doubled for some reason. My sprint contact person was very polite, nice and did her best.

If you run Outlook which I do I created an additional contact list named "add to sprint". As time goes on and I obtain 3 or more new contacts or change information I just drag a copy to this new contact list.

I do not suggest using sync program. Almost 8 months ago it worked fine and I would allow communication both-ways. Once it started falling apart I would only allow communication one-way, Outlook to server only.

So I export my contacts list that says "add to sprint" in a dos CSV file. I will tell you that I did have to go in and delete all files from cell phone and from sprint.com to clean it up. And depending on mood of sprint.com determines weather you can import all contacts or just a few so make sure you allow yourself several hours down to accomplish this. Make sure you do not get yourself in a pickle to where you need a number or information NOW cause it won't happen.

Once I get the few new ones or complete list imported I go through and select with a check mark and select "SET ON PHONE". I normally just sign out and leave and wait. I do not push sync or anything after I tell checked items to be set on phone. With this process I have been VERY happy with my results. Number of contacts in Outlook and on Sprint.com match for a change.

Trust me, if I had the income I would switch phones and or possibly carriers. I was made a few offers in regards to me being displeased but I was not willing to sign a 2 year contract which in turn makes it my fault - - RIGHT.

I hope this helps or if you have any questions let me know.

Bubba

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat