cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could instinct do that thing iphone does?

Highlighted
Patron

Could instinct do that thing iphone does?

what i mean is how you can rotate iphone and the screen follows. i was wondering because i know that instinct has that feature where you can hold the camera button and scroll in the web pages.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Could instinct do that thing iphone does?

@ceejay wrote:
what i mean is how you can rotate iphone and the screen follows. i was wondering because i know that instinct has that feature where you can hold the camera button and scroll in the web pages.

No. The iphone has an accelerometer, which allows it to detect movement and rotation (same thing in your wiimote). The Instinct does not have this installed. (Funny though, the anycall does).

Highlighted
Journeyman

More to answer, the Instinct is able to do the scrolling trick by using the camera. Try using it in a dark room vs. a well-lit room, and you'll notice a drastic difference in how well it responds.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dclowd is correct, when you are browsing the internet from the Instinct, if you press and hold the camera button you can tilt the phone and it will scroll through the webpage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How interesting that i was thinking it should have that ability as well, i just want to look at some web pages with the phone straight up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@d4punkrock wrote:
How interesting that i was thinking it should have that ability as well, i just want to look at some web pages with the phone straight up.

Opera Mini allows you to view the web in portrait mode. If you search hard enough you can read about it and decide if you want to use it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So far doesn't work.

So far doesn't work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The accelerometer costs an extra $70 upfront and another...

The accelerometer costs an extra $70 upfront and another $50/month. Sorry Sprint didn't want to rip you off.

Highlighted
Patron

Re: The accelerometer costs an extra $70 upfront and another...

@BenG9810 wrote:
The accelerometer costs an extra $70 upfront and another $50/month. Sorry Sprint didn't want to rip you off.

Huh? If that was sarcasm I did not get it, lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will use the Opera browser as soon as we get the keyboard update...

Highlighted
Master

@d4punkrock wrote:
I will use the Opera browser as soon as we get the keyboard update...

Ditto.

Then we need to start a petition which will allow us to launch Opera via the Instinct browser button. In other words, have it be launched from within the Web category by tapping the Web icon.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Iagree, we should start one. launching it from the apps page just isn't going to work at all...have to exit for calls etc...this maybe getting off topic now so I will have to say that the "Instinct2" should be equipped with an accelerometer!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat