DO YOU HATE YOUR PHONE MORE THAN I DO?

Highlighted
Journeyman

DO YOU HATE YOUR PHONE MORE THAN I DO?

I have constant dropped calls. I dont receive all my calls and text messages. I

Tags (2)
25 REPLIES
Journeyman

No I like my phone alot, works great just needs the updat...

No I like my phone alot, works great just needs the updates to arrive and then it will be only better

Journeyman

i've never had any problems with anything that has to do...

i've never had any problems with anything that has to do with text messages or phone call quality. In fact this phone has been leaps and bounds better in that department than any other phone i've had. The only issues (although minor) are things that are not on most phones such as GPS (traffic updates), or my email not auto receiving sometimes from my hotmail account. These are small issues, yes annoyances because you expect your phone to do what is advertised, but I'm being patient for the most part.

Journeyman

Re: DO YOU HATE YOUR PHONE MORE THAN I DO?

bigdred78 wrote:
I have constant dropped calls. I dont receive all my calls and text messages. I

Sounds like you either have a defective phone or you're just in a really bad area. There have been a lot of people with problems, but that is not a reocurring complaint.

Journeyman

not only that, In my bedroom, where I used to only have 1...

not only that, In my bedroom, where I used to only have 1 bar or less on my A640, i know have 3 or 4 bars. I've yet to have a dropped call.

Journeyman

you prob have a bad phone

Journeyman

I used to have the RAZR phone from Motorola, and I had decent reception on it, and pretty good call quality out to others. Still, it had its issues, and in many situations with even moderate background noise, whether with the handset or the headset it was very difficult for people to hear me, or to make out my voice from background noise, despite how close I was to the receiver. Sometimes it would also switch to roaming for no apparent good reason, because the signal was wonky or something.

With the Instinct, people I call have noticed a much better call quality, much clearer reception and voice. Also, I can usually make and receive calls even in places where no bars (but no roaming) are showing.

Yes, I have had other issues, such as initial difficulty receiving some text messages (Problem seems to have mostly self-resolved, problem was never solved by tech support and no cause was found.), and my music disappearing from the lists (think it was an update), and occasional little things, but they are minor, usually resolve, and do not take away from my general enjoyment of the phone.

Journeyman

Even though I have less signal strength (using the bars to measure), I have better phone repection and faster data transfer than all my previous phones. Have your Instinct checked out at a repair center, you might have a defective unit.

Journeyman

I'm going to have to agree with most of the posts here. When I first activated my phone, I thought the reception was worse than my i580 which had pretty good sound quality and reception. But after a few days, its seems to be working much better. Either that, or I'm just getting used to lesser quality than I was getting before, but it seems to be pretty good so far. The only real complaint I'm having at the moment is the web browser. I can't seem to get to many sites without having problems viewing or loading. My friends iPhone, unfortunately worked better in this area, but overall, I am pretty happy with it. I'd like to shut of the favs page as well since I always have to hit one more button to go to the main menu since I never use the favs page.

jimweda

Journeyman

well like the person said earlier I received the phone as...

well like the person said earlier I received the phone as a present, kept having dropped calls and exchange it for another phone...dropped calls are less but they still happen I like what it does but didn't realize they haven't completed the updates.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.