cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Sprint, I don't need JAVA, a new keyboard, killer apps or an iPhone.

Journeyman

Dear Sprint, I don't need JAVA, a new keyboard, killer apps or an iPhone.

What I DO need is for the features on my Instinct to work. Here is my current list of issues:

1. Calender alerts will only ring "on time", not 10 min, half hour, hour.
2. I can no longer access the Weather Channel on Sprint TV, I used to be able to, but it has been over a month.
3. I love the Notes section and use it a lot, however, even though I am given the option to delete several notes at once, it won't let me, I have to do one at a time.

4. The voice mailalert uses the ringtone I have assigned to my text alerts. Doesn't matter what ringtone I have assigned to voice mail or text, voice mail always uses the same tone as text.

5. I like being able to watch TV on my phone, I can handle some jerky or slow, (though I wish it wouldn't) but I am REALLY getting tired of the TV crashing half way through a show. There is no way to fast forward, so I am never get to see the end of the shows.

6. I have noticed that my phone has started freezing a lot, I didn't use to have this problem, but I sure am now.

I am already on my second Instinct, I returned the first due to issues 1-5 above. I have spent several hours on the phone with tech support, with no resolution. I keep being told my "ticket" is being forwarded to the "next level" but I haven't heard anything else in weeks.

I REALLY REALLY want to keep the Instinct, it is really a great phone, when it works correctly. Please, can't you help me? I have been with Sprint for 8 years, and have always been pleased with your service until now. I am not asking you to add anything to this phone, I just want what is on my phone to work.

Thank you in advance for your attention and help.

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: Dear Sprint, I don't need JAVA, a new keyboard, killer apps or an iPhone.

I feel for your situation. I bought one for my wife and I. She has no problem with hers,

and I have several problems with mine.. mostly browser related. I am trying to stay

with it and see what 9/17 brings.

As for your duration as a Sprint customer... I have been with them since 1999.. it

doesn't matter with them. 8 years or 8 weeks - we are both under contract.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

I'll add 'poor radio performance'.  Currently running at 12 to 15% dropped / blocked calls on my line.  Argh.

BF30 with the radio patch for what it's worth.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

7. My visual voicemail is not working now, or rather, was working, stopped, started working again, stopped again.

Sprint, are you really trying to drive us away from the Instinct??? Like everyone else I am waiting till the 17th, that may well be the day my Instinct goes back in the box and back to the store, which makes me very sad, I really loved (notice the past tense) this phone.

Journeyman

this phone was to compete with iphone not even a close ma...

this phone was to compete with iphone not even a close match i am so disappointed in the instinct phone. Blackberry or iphone are a much better choices.

Journeyman

Re: this phone was to compete with iphone not even a close ma...

yeah no kidding. This phone is a horrible joke. If sprint gave this peice of garbage out for free, I still wouldn't take it knowing the issues it has.

Journeyman

We should get credited on our bill each month until this phone is in working order.

I want the java keyboard just so I can install Yahoo Messenger and some of the Google Mobile apps.

I'm so sick of lock ups, crashes etc. It's a shame that my phone will lock up when trying to answer call waiting.

The only thing keeping me sane at this point is my iPod Touch which is where I do all my music, video and internet related stuff on.

Master

@akipika wrote:

We should get credited on our bill each month until this phone is in working order.

I want the java keyboard just so I can install Yahoo Messenger and some of the Google Mobile apps.

I'm so sick of lock ups, crashes etc. It's a shame that my phone will lock up when trying to answer call waiting.

The only thing keeping me sane at this point is my iPod Touch which is where I do all my music, video and internet related stuff on.

I agree, It's bull that we have to resort to carrying our itouches with us to do what this so called iphone killer is supposed to do. Again what are we paying for here?

Journeyman

Wow you people complain entirely WAAY to much. The iphone...

Wow you people complain entirely WAAY to much. The iphone took a year before it got to the level it is now. When the iphone first came it out it had SEVERAL glitches and a lot of problems. People were going back tot he store and getting exchanges all the time for the phone. OH AND THEY STILL HAVE ISSUES. 8 hrs to sync your itunes with your phone.. Hmm, yah that's acceptable. Yah the iphone has features that the instinct doesn't, but it took over a year for that phone to be at the level it is. THe instinct has a new OS. It's going to have bugs. But go buy your iphone and pay more money for the device and for the rate plan and have less coverage and be sheep. Thanks

Journeyman

Re: Wow you people complain entirely WAAY to much. The iphone...

BenG - amen, brother. Amen.

I love my Instinct.

Master

@chronstinct wrote:

yeah no kidding. This phone is a horrible joke. If sprint gave this piece of garbage out for free, I still wouldn't take it knowing the issues it has.

Wirefly has it on sale for $99 with a $100 rebate, So they are actually paying you $1 to take it off their hands.

Journeyman

on my third instinct cuz they won't switch me to another...

on my third instinct cuz they won't switch me to another phone unless i want to pay full price, have had each one of these problems listed above..beat that Smiley Tongue...good luck with this phone people...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat