cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Copy Movies

Highlighted
Journeyman

Digital Copy Movies

I recently purchased "Wall-E" for my little nephew and it came with a "Digital Copy" dvd. I did everything it said to do but it won't transfer to my Instinct. Is there an application or something that I can do to transfer the movie to my phone? Thanks for any help.

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Patron

Re: Digital Copy Movies

nope u cant i tryed and asked sprint the phone does not have windows but u can convert them to mpeg4 i do that alot.

Journeyman

so as long as the movie file is in mpeg4 format it will w...

so as long as the movie file is in mpeg4 format it will work?

Journeyman

Re: so as long as the movie file is in mpeg4 format it will w...

@danteeveryman wrote:
so as long as the movie file is in mpeg4 format it will work?

I use this video converter to convert stuff to mp4, and it works perfectly! The videos look awesome on the Instinct!

Journeyman

The digital copy for windows WILL NOT work on your Instin...

The digital copy for windows WILL NOT work on your Instinct. I haven't tried the one for iPods (mp4) but the software included with your phone will not convert the video file because it is copyrighted.

Journeyman

Re: Digital Copy Movies

The digital copy movies are DRM protected and require a license to play. I have the same Wall-E DVD as well as Hellboy and a few other movies that came with digital copies. They work great on my iPod Touch, but I knew ahead of time that the digital copies would not work on the Instinct.

As already mentioned you need to rip/convert the movies to MP4 to watch them on your phone.

Journeyman

Shouldn't iTunes be able to convert a video into mp4 format?

Journeyman

Re: Shouldn't iTunes be able to convert a video into mp4 format?

@timeswasting wrote:

If I am not mistaken, I think you need QuickTime Pro for that, but not 100% sure...

Journeyman

Slysoft can do it, but I didn't tell you if anyone asks.

Journeyman

Handbrake is good, free, and cross platform. The very latest version may require having vlc installed to be able to rip directly from dvds. ffmpegx (http://homepage.mac.com/major4/) is also a good format converter for Macs.

Journeyman

VLC should be a required install for all computers That's a great little player!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat